|• Total||4.6 sq mi (12.0 km2)|
|• Land||4.6 sq mi (11.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||346 ft (105 m)|
|• Density||88/sq mi (33.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1360777|
Kurten is a town located along U.S. Highway 190 in Brazos County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census, it had a population of 398. It was incorporated in 2000 and is part of the Bryan–College Station metropolitan area.
Kurten is located in northern Brazos County along U.S. Route 190. It is 10 miles (16 km) northeast of Bryan and 26 miles (42 km) southwest of Madisonville. The town has a total area of 4.6 square miles (12.0 km2), of which 4.6 square miles (11.8 km2) is land and 0.077 square miles (0.2 km2), or 1.38%, is water.
The town is served by the Bryan Independent School District.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Kurten town, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Kurten, Texas
- City of Kurten official website
|This Texas state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|