Location of Kustavi in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Veijo Katara|
|• Total||769.88 km2 (297.25 sq mi)|
|• Land||166.43 km2 (64.26 sq mi)|
|• Water||603.45 km2 (232.99 sq mi)|
|Area rank||154th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||325th largest in Finland|
|• Density||5.36/km2 (13.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||96.9% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||12.3%|
|• 15 to 64||61.3%|
|• 65 or older||26.4%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.25%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Finland Proper region. The municipality has a population of 892 (31 January 2014) and covers an area of 769.88 square kilometres (297.25 sq mi) of which 603.45 km2 (232.99 sq mi) is water. The population density is 5.36 inhabitants per square kilometre (13.9 /sq mi).
There are over 2,000 isles within the municipal area.
The municipality is a very popular summer resort and contains over 2,800 summer cottages. The population increases tenfold during the summer months. The larger events are Volter Kilpi literature week in July and Salmon market (Lohimarkkinat) in August. The basic services of the municipality include 3 groceries, a liquor store, a library and a bank. There are two ferry connections to Brändö and Iniö.
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "VÄESTÖTIETOJÄRJESTELMÄ REKISTERITILANNE 31.1.2014" (in Finnish and Swedish). Population Register Center of Finland. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Kustavi at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Kustavi – Official website