Kootenay (predominant spelling in Canada), Kootenai (predominant spelling in the United States), is alternately spelled Kootanae or Kutenai.
Kootenay also refers to the Ktunaxa people (Kootenai/Kutenai), a Native American/First Nations people in British Columbia, Idaho and Montana, and their Kutenai language, also known as Ktunaxan or Kitunahan.
It may refer to:
- In Canada, it is primarily used to refer to the Kootenays region in southeastern British Columbia, sometimes is referred to in the singular form "the Kootenay". It includes the East Kootenay and West Kootenay which are separate regions from each other.
- Kootenay (electoral districts) (disambiguation), several electoral districts in British Columbia, all within the Kootenay region
- the Kootenay Land District is one of the cadastral subdivision of British Columbia and is the basis of the original Kootenay electoral districts
- Regional District of East Kootenay, British Columbia
- Regional District of Central Kootenay, British Columbia
- Regional District of Kootenay Boundary, British Columbia
- Kootenay Lake, on the Kootenay River in British Columbia
- Kootenay National Park, British Columbia national park, source of the Kootenay River
- The Kootenay Ice, a junior ice hockey team based in Cranbrook, British Columbia, the major city of the East Kootenay region
- Fisherville, British Columbia, a ghost town in the East Kootenay, was originally named "Kootenay"
- Kootanae House, a historical North West Company fur trade post near present-day Invermere, British Columbia
- Kootenay River (or "Kootenai River" in the United States) of southeastern British Columbia in Canada and northern Idaho and western Montana in the United States, whose basin roughly defines the area known as the Kootenays
- Lake Koocanusa (a blend of Kootenay-Canada-USA), a reservoir on the Kootena(y/i) River that crosses the Canada–U.S. border
- Ktunaxa Kinbasket Tribal Council, the tribal council for Kutenai and Kinbasket peoples, including those in the United States. There is also a Kootenay Kinbasket Treaty Council with the same member bands.
- Kootenai Tribe of Idaho
- Kootenai, Idaho, a city
- Kootenai County, Idaho
- Kootenai National Forest in western Montana and northern Idaho
- Salish Kootenai College in Pablo, Montana
- HMCS Kootenay a warship in the Royal Canadian Navy
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Kootenay.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.