Map of Kutina municipality within Sisak-Moslavina County
|• Mayor||Andrija Rudić (SDP)|
|• Town||294.34 km2 (113.65 sq mi)|
|Elevation||149 m (489 ft)|
|• Density||78/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Postal code||44 320|
Kutina is a city in central Croatia, the largest settlement in the hilly region of Moslavina, in the Sisak-Moslavina county. The town proper has a population of 14,814 (2011), while the total municipality population is 22,815.
The settlement of Kutina was first mentioned in the historical records in 1256.
It is the industrial center of the region with petrochemical industry - Petrokemija d.d., electronic components production - SELK d.d., and a variety of smaller entrepreneurships. There is a long mass-media tradition in Kutina, with Moslavački list [local newspaper] and Radio Moslavina [local radio station]. The initial headquarters of the Nezavisna Televizija (NeT), a regional commercial TV station, were stationed in Voloder near Kutina.
Kutina is widely known for its active youth scene and the alternative-oriented club Baraka. The main attractions are Lonjsko polje nature park, baroque church of Saint Mary of the Snow, old wooden houses called Trijem (eng. Porch) or Čardak, hills of Moslavina with ruins of medieval "burgs".
A special attraction are the Wine roads of Moslavina, where a visitor can take a sip of Croatian and regional genuine wine Škrlet (Skrlet).
The settlements in the city administrative area are:
- Banova Jaruga, population 669
- Batina, population 199
- Brinjani, population 254
- Čaire, population 33
- Gojlo, population 375
- Husain, population 965
- Ilova, population 818
- Jamarica, population 402
- Janja Lipa, population 200
- Katoličke Čaire, population 229
- Kletište, population 117
- Krajiška Kutinica, population 73
- Kutina, population 13,773
- Kutinica, population 52
- Kutinska Slatina, population 580
- Međurić, population 484
- Mikleuška, population 140
- Mišinka, population 114
- Repušnica, population 1,827
- Selište, population 281
- Stupovača, population 443
- Šartovac, population 383
- Zbjegovača, population 347
Notable people born in Kutina
- http://www.kutina.hr/ - Official website
- "Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011, First Results by Settlements" (HTML). Statistical Reports (in Croatian and English) (Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics) (1441). June 2011. ISSN 1332-0297. Retrieved 2011-08-22.