Kutjevo is a town in Slavonia, Croatia, located northeast of Požega. In the census of 2011, there were 6,247 people, 2,440 in the town itself. In the same census, 95% of the population declared themselves Croats.
The settlements included in the administrative area of Kutjevo include:
- Bektež, population 388
- Bjeliševac, population 112
- Ciglenik, population 143
- Ferovac, population 103
- Grabarje, population 490
- Gradište, population 152
- Hrnjevac, population 174
- Kula, population 331
- Kutjevo, population 2,440
- Lukač, population 150
- Mitrovac, population 133
- Ovčare, population 123
- Poreč, population 119
- Šumanovci, population 139
- Tominovac, population 164
- Venje, population 98
- Vetovo, population 988
There is a beautiful park, protected as a horticultural monument.
A beautiful manor house, connected with the cellars by an underground corridor, is near the cellar complex.
Kutjevo is famous for its wines, and the local agricultural joint stock company Kutjevo d.d. is the largest exporter of wines in Croatia. There are many famous winegrowers residing in Kutjevo, like Enjingi, Krauthaker and Mihalj.
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Kutjevo". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Požega-Slavonia". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- Croatian Chamber of Commerce http://www2.hgk.hr/kuna/znakovi.asp?tvrtka=167
- "Kutjevo ugostilo novinarski kotlić" (in Croatian). Croatian Radio. 2011-05-08. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kutjevo.|