Kuwait Football Association
|Kuwait Football Association
الاتحاد الكويتي لكرة القدم
Kuwait have twice been suspended by FIFA for political interference since 2007 and are only being allowed to participate in the 2011 Asian Cup qualifying campaign and other international competitions on a provisional basis.
FIFA Suspension 
Contrary to the road map established by FIFA and the AFC, the Kuwaiti Public Authority for Youth and Sport has continued to interfere. Elections were held on 9 October in direct violation of the FIFA Executive Committee's May 2007 decision to the contrary. As a consequence, the committee recommended to the FIFA Executive Committee that the Kuwait Football Association be suspended. Kuwait's soccer federation board resigned days after world governing body FIFA suspended the Gulf Arab state. The suspension was lifted after the federation said it will ratify new statutes to prevent government interference in the sport as demanded by FIFA. "Otherwise FIFA will immediately suspend the (federation) again," FIFA said in a statement. The suspension is conditionally lifted and extended by the FIFA Congress in June 2009.FIFA is closely monitoring the situation within Kuwait.
- Kuwait hopeful of peace talks with FIFA. Sydney Morning Herald 27 Feb 2009
- Priority given to protection of FIFA principles and members 29 October 2007 FIFA.com
- Kuwait federation board quit over FIFA ban www.soccernet.com 1 Nov 2007
- FIFA lifts ban on Kuwait after it pledges to prevent government interference USA Today 11 Sept 2007
- Brazil 2014 host cities confirmed FIFA.com 31 May 2009
- Key decisions reached in Rio FIFA.com 31 Sept 2009
|This article about an Association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|