Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
|مؤسسة البترول الكويتية|
|Headquarters||Al Shuwaikh, Al Asimah
|Agency executive||Nizar Mohammad Al Asani, Chief Executive Officer|
History and profile
The company's products have been sold in some countries under a subsidiary's name Q8. In Europe, Q8 has a network of more than 4,400 service stations across six countries: Italy, Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg and, in Sweden, as the OKQ8 joint venture.
In Scandinavia, Q8 runs 186 service stations, and 54 unmanned (under the F24 brand) in Denmark. In Sweden, a subsidiary of KPC, KPI-Q8's gas stations are known as OKQ8 - a result of a merger between Q8 and Swedish "OK", more than 900 is available, most of them unmanned.
In the Benelux, Kuwait Petroleum has a refinery in Europoort, Rotterdam, and is a partner in the Maasvlakte Olie Terminal, and runs 146 gas stations in the Netherlands. There are 404 Q8 stations in Belgium. Q8's large share of the Belgian market is due to the acquisition of Belgian BP offices in 1998 and the Aral stations in 1999. However, over the years, Q8 has closed many stations in residential areas and near apartment complexes. Like its competitors, Q8 also has a network of unmanned gas stations called Q8 Easy. In Belgium, Q8 has formed a partnership of sorts with Delhaize Shop'n Go. This is a small convenience store where ready-to-use and on-the-go products are sold. However, it still is able to offer a wide variety of automotive services. They have extensive hours, and are often combined with a Panos Corner bakery.
There are no more Q8 stores in the UK, after being bought out in 2004 by a joint venture company Refined Holdings, which was formed specifically for the sale. The Q8 brand has since then been phased out of the UK.
The subsidiary companies of KPC are:
- Kuwait Oil Company (KOC)
- Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC)
- Petrochemicals Industries Company (PIC)
- Kuwait Oil Tanker Company (KOTC)
- Kuwait Aviation Fueling Company (KAFCO)
- Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Company (KUFPEC)
- Kuwait Petroleum International Limited (KPI - Q8)
- Santa Fe International Corporation (SFIC)
- Kuwait Gulf Oil Company (KGOC)
- Oil Sector Services Company
- K-Dow Petrochemicals
- Mary Ann Tétreault (1 January 1995). The Kuwait Petroleum Corporation and the Economics of the New World Order. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 7. ISBN 978-0-89930-510-3. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- Our subsidiaries KPC
- http://www.kpc.com.kw Official Webpage
- http://www.q8oils.co.uk Q8 UK website
- http://www.q8.com/ Q8 Official Website
- http://www.q8.dk/ Q8 Danish Website
- http://www.okq8.se/ Q8 Swedish Website