Asamoah in 2014
|Full name||Kwadwo Asamoah|
|Date of birth||9 December 1988|
|Place of birth||Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 September 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Kwadwo "Kojo" Asamoah (Akan: pronunciation: // //, kwu-JOE ə-sah-MOH-ah; born 9 December 1988 in Accra) is a Ghanaian professional footballer, who plays as a left midfielder, left wing-back or central midfielder for Italian Serie A club Juventus and the Ghana national football team.
Asamoah was scouted playing for a local based club, which belongs to Kamara and was recommended by the scout Mr. Charles Mensah Gapson to the late Alhaji Sly Tetteh, former CEO of Liberty Professionals. He joined Swiss club Bellinzona and was loaned to Italian side Torino in the winter of 2007–08.
In June 2008 Asamoah was signed by Serie A club Udinese. He eventually established himself for both club and country. After some good performances at the 2010 World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations, he became a target of top clubs in Europe.
Asamoah and Udinese teammate Mauricio Isla both joined Juventus in July 2012 on co-ownership agreements, with Juventus paying €9 million for 50% of Asamoah's contract. He made his debut on 11 August against Napoli in the Supercoppa Italiana and scored; Juventus went on to win 4–2 after extra time. He started in the Serie A opening match against Parma and made an immediate impact by setting up Stephan Lichtsteiner's goal in a 2–0 win.
On the international level, Asamoah was given his debut for the Ghana national football team, Black Stars in 2006 under manager Claude Le Roy who was from France. He also appeared for Ghana at the 2010 FIFA World Cup and at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- As of 1 September 2014.
1Includes Coppa Italia.
3Includes Supercoppa Italiana.
- As of September 2014.
|Ghana national team|
Titles and honours
- Africa Cup of Nations Bronze Medal: 2008
- Africa Cup of Nations Silver Medal: 2010
- CAF Most Promising African Player: 2010
- Ghana Player of the Year (2): 2012, 2013
- "Player Profile". Juventus FC. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Asamoah, Kwadwo". National Football Teams. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "Kwadwo Kojo Asamoah". Schedecalciatori.it. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Udinese player profile – Asamoah, Kwadwo". udinese.it. Udinese Calcio. Retrieved 24 January 2012.
- "South Africa". Kick Off. Retrieved 22 April 2009.
- "Kwadwo Asamoah wins SWAG flagship award". ghanafa.org (Ghana Football Association (GFA)). Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- "Asamoah wins Goal Ghana Player of the Year 2013 Award". goal.com (Goal.com). Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Messi and Ronaldo joined by Ribery in top three of new list of Europe's top 50 stars". Sky Sports. 12 June 2013. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Manchester United tracking Udinese's Kwadwo Asamoah". Daily Mail. 3 November 2011.
- "Asamoah: We want another go in 2014". FIFA.com. 31 December 2011.
- "Asamoah and Isla move to Juventu". juventus.com. 2 July 2012.
- "Juventus confirm signing of Ghana's Kwadwo Asamoah". BBC Sport. 2 July 2012.
- "Asamoah, an instant idol at Juventus. He is first player from Africa who win Seria A title. Stadium". juventus.com. 25 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kwadwo Asamoah.|
- Official Website
- Profile on Juventus website
- Profile on Lega Calcio website
- Kwadwo Asamoah – FIFA competition record