Kwak (Korean surname)
Kwak (郭 or 霍), spelled 곽 in hangul is a surname in Korea. The name can be traced as early as the Kim Silla kingdom. Today an estimated 187,000 people in Korea carry the name. They use the same Chinese character as the Guo/Kuo/Kwok of China. There are different transliterations of the name, but in South Korea, the emerging new spelling is Kwark, presumably following the lead of Park. Kwak is often mispronounced as Quack. Other variations of Kwak spelled by Koreans include Kwalk, Gwak, Kwark Kwalk, and Koak.
- Kwak Ji-min Actress
- Ji Sung (born 1977; birthname is Kwak Tae-geun), Actor
- Kwak Hyun-hwa (born 1981), Actress, comedian and singer
- Kwak Dae-Sung Judoist
- Kwak Hee-Joo Football (Soccer) Player
- Gwak Mi Hee (b. 1974), Cross-country mountain biker and ski mountaineer
- Kwak Min-jeong Figure Skater
- Kwak Yoon-Gy. Short Track Relay Skater
- Kwak Tae-Hwi. Football (Soccer) Player.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Kwak. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|