|Directed by||Kundan Shah|
|Produced by||Kumar S Taurani
Ramesh S Taurani
|Written by||Honey Irani|
Saif Ali Khan
|Music by||Rajesh Roshan
|Distributed by||Tips Music Films|
Kya Kehna (Hindi: क्या कहना; English: What to Say) is 2000 Bollywood film starring Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta, Chandrachur Singh, Anupam Kher and Farida Jalal. It was directed by Kundan Shah and premiered on 19 May 2000.
- Preity Zinta as Priya Bakshi
- Saif Ali Khan as Rahul Modi
- Chandrachur Singh as Ajay
- Anupam Kher as Gulshan Bakshi
- Farida Jalal as Rohini Bakshi
- Puneet Vashist as Priya's brother
- Nivedita Bhattacharya as Priya's Sister-In-Law
|Soundtrack album by Rajesh Roshan|
|Label||Tips Music Films|
|1.||"Ae Sanam Meri Bahon"||Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu||06.13|
|2.||"Dekhiye Aji Jaaneman"||Alka Yagnik Udit Narayan||05:30|
|3.||"Dil Ka Koi Tukda"||Kavita Krishnamurthy, Hariharan||06:15|
|4.||"In Kadmon Ke Neeche"||Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu||05:19|
|5.||"Jaaneman Jaane Jaan"||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam||05:35|
|6.||"Kya Kehna"||Kavita Krishnamurthy, Hariharan||04:27|
|7.||"O Soniye Dil Jaaniye"||Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu, Sonu Nigam||05:41|
|8.||"Pyara Bhaiya Mera"||Alka Yagnik, Kumar Sanu||04:40|
Vinayak Chakravorty of Hindustan Times gave the film 3 out of 5 stars, writing, "The basic premise of Kya Kehna!, then, definitely had the potential of being a gripping family entertainer. Unfortunately, somewhere down the line you feel as if most people associated with the film somehow lost interest." He noted, however, Preity Zinta as "the bright spot of the film". Aradhika Sekhon of The Tribune wrote, "The movie itself has several flaws but the issues that it tackles are real. The director takes a straight, hard look at the problems of today and holds them up for exhibition. The Indian tendency is to sweep uncomfortable issues under the carpet but if films like Kya Kehna continue to be made, at least, we'll be forced to confront them." Mimmy Jain of The Indian Express, in a positive review, commeded Shah for making "a sensitive film, on a sensitive subject", calling Kya Kehna "a film that should have been made years ago". She further noted Zinta as being "dazzlingly good" in her part.
- Filmfare Best Story Award - Honey Irani
- IIFA Award for Technical Excellence - Best Screenplay - Farhan Akhtar
- Sansui Best Actress Award - Preity Zinta
- Highest grossing films 2000. BoxOfficeIndia.com
- Chakravorty, Vinayak (2000). "Kya Kehna!". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 2000-10-19. Retrieved 2011-12-16.
- Sekhon, Aradhika (2000-06-11). "Kya Kehna!". The Tribune. Retrieved 2011-12-16.
- Jain, Mimmy (2000-05-27). "Steering clear of cliches". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- Taliculam, Sharmila (2000-05-20). "Kundan Shah lost interest...". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2011-12-16.