Kyaa Kool Hai Hum
|Kyaa Kool Hai Hum|
|Directed by||Sangeeth Sivan|
|Produced by||Ekta Kapoor
|Written by||Sachin Yardi
|Narrated by||Johnny Lever|
|Music by||Anu Malik|
|Distributed by||Balaji Telefilms|
|Running time||172 mins|
|Budget||50 million (US$830,000)|
|Box office||204.6 million (US$3.4 million)|
Kyaa Kool Hai Hum (Translation: How Cool Are We) is a 2005 Bollywood comedy thriller film directed by Sangeeth Sivan and produced by Ekta Kapoor. It features Tusshar Kapoor and Ritesh Deshmukh in lead roles. The film was released on 6 May 2005, and managed to succeed at the box office, despite receiving critical criticism. It was one of the first Bollywood films to feature adult comedy. In 2012, the film spawned an sequel, Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum the film is inspired from Hollywood film "Miss Congeniality"and lead role is Sandra bullock.
Rahul (Tusshar Kapoor) is sincere and hardworking whilst Karan (Ritesh Deshmukh) is just the opposite. Both are best friends & cool wannabes. When the city is rocked with a series of rape & killings, the police are in search of this dreaded Serial Killer, and Rahul becomes the prime suspect, yet being innocent. Things take a funny turn when the job of nabbing Rahul is entrusted to a violent lady Inspector called Urmila Martodkar (Isha Koppikar) who enters Rahul's life on a pretext, and tries to seduce him into showing his true nature. Rahul falls in love with her and she loves him back, not remembering she is on an police force mission. By this time, Karan falls in love with his boss's ex Kiran. After a roller coaster ride of mistaken identities & comedy of errors, the film reaches its crescendo when the police are on the verge of arresting Rahul as the rapist and Karan is about to wed Kiran at the temple, not knowing that she is a transvestite.
- Tusshar Kapoor as Rahul
- Riteish Deshmukh as Karan
- Isha Koppikar as Sub-Inspector Urmila Martodkar
- Neha Dhupia as Rekha
- Anupam kher as Dr. Screwvala
- Shoma Anand as Parva
- Bobby Darling as Kiran
- Rajendranath Zutshi as D.K.
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Hira Hingorani
- Anil Nagrath as Flat owner
- Dinesh Hingoo as Flat buyer
- Vijay Patkar as Inspector Hawaldar
- Razzak Khan as Popat (Laundry wala)
- Rana Jung Bahadur as Watchman
- Rajpal Yadav as Uma Shankar Tripathi / Rapist (Cameo appearance)
- Sophiya Chaudhary as Host of Mtv Style night (Special appearance)
- Johnny Lever as the Narrator
- Jay Sean Special Appearance in song 'Dil Mera'
- Juggy D Special Appearance in song 'Dil Mera'
- Veronica Mehta Special Appearance in song 'Dil Mera'
- Rishi Rich Special Appearance in song 'Dil Mera'
The music for this movie was composed by Anu Malik.
|1.||"Chaska"||Kunal Ganjawala, Sunidhi Chauhan|
|2.||"Dil Mera (One Night)"||Jay Sean, Juggy D, Rishi Rich|
|3.||"Kya Kool Hain Hum"||Anu Malik, KK, Kunal Ganjawala|
|4.||"We Are So Different"||Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Kunal Ganjawala|
|5.||"Jaago Na"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Sowmya Raoh, Gayatri|
- "Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum Theatrical Trailer! - BollySpice". bollyspice.com. Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Sarah Jane Dias, Neha Sharma in 'Kya Kool Hai Hum' sequel". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 10 April 2012.