December 25, 1964 |
Seoul, South Korea
|Alma mater||Sejong University - Dance|
|Spouse(s)||Im Young-gyu (1987-93; divorced)
Lee Hong-heon (m. 1998)
|Family||Lee Yu-bi (daughter)
Lee Da-in (daughter)
|Revised Romanization||Gyeon Mi-ri|
Kyeon Mi-ri graduated from Seoul Traditional Arts High School in 1983, then studied Dance at Sejong University. She made her acting debut in 1984, and has since become active in television dramas, most notably as the arrogant and ambitious Lady Choi in the 2003 period drama Dae Jang Geum (or Jewel in the Palace), which was a hit not only in Korea but throughout Asia.
Kyeon married actor Im Young-gyu in 1987, and they divorced in 1993.
Kyeon remarried in 1998, to businessman Lee Hong-heon. Lee legally adopted Kyeon's two daughters from her first marriage, and they took on his surname. Lee Yu-bi and Lee Da-in are both actresses.
In 2009, Kyeon was investigated for stock manipulation, with her husband Lee suspected of insider trading. She had bought 55,000 shares worth ₩900 million of the bioengineering startup FCBTwelve, then raked in up to ₩4.59 billion, making her the fourth biggest stock holder among entertainment celebrities at the time. Kyeon denied any wrongdoing, saying she was simply an investor.
|1985||500 Years of Joseon - Pungran||Jeong Nan-jeong's maid||MBC|
|1986||꾸러기||female college student||MBC|
|1988||500 Years of Joseon - Queen Inhyeon||Choi Suk-bin||MBC|
|Famine in the City||Soon-jung||MBC|
|1991||무동이네 집||Kang Ha-na||MBC|
|MBC Best Theater "순달씨와 병구씨와 옥주양"||Ok-joo||MBC|
|1994||Han Myung-hoe||Kim Jongseo's concubine||KBS2|
|Korea Gate||Lee Soon-ja||SBS|
|Jang Hee-bin||Queen Myeongseong||SBS|
|LA Arirang||Kyeon Mi-ri||SBS|
|1996||귀여운 여자||Han Jung-ja||KBS2|
|1998||Six Children||Mimi's mother||MBC|
|2000||Legends of Love||SBS|
|All About Eve||Yoon Hyung-chul's stepmother||MBC|
|Aspen Tree||younger daughter-in-law||SBS|
|2001||Tender Hearts||Choi Young-joo||KBS1|
|Well Known Woman||Han Young-sun||SBS|
|2002||Who's My Love||Park Kyung-joo||KBS2|
|To Be With You||Soon-shim||KBS2|
("The Great Ambition")
|2003||Dae Jang Geum
("The Great Jang-geum," aka Jewel in the Palace)
|A Million Roses||Hyun-kyu's maternal aunt||KBS1|
|2004||Dal-rae's House||Kyeon Mi-ri||KBS2|
|2005||Love and Sympathy||Yoon Ji-sook||SBS|
|Goodbye to Sadness||Han Sung-mi||KBS2|
|Sisters of the Sea||Lee Geum-bok||MBC|
|2006||As the River Flows||Seo Ok-ran||KBS1|
|Kkam-geon's Mom||Lee Do-soon||SBS|
|2007||Golden Bride||Yang Ok-kyung||SBS|
|Yi San||Lady Hyegyeong||MBC|
|2010||Three Sisters||Jang Ji-ae||SBS|
|2011||Dear My Sister||Yoon Jung-ae||KBS2|
|Just Like Today||Lee Jae-kyung||MBC|
|2012||Rooftop Prince||Lady Jung
(Buyong and Hwayong's mother)
|Childless Comfort||Shin Sae-rom||jTBC|
|2013||Gu-am Heo Jun
(aka Hur Jun, the Original Story)
|Wonderful Mama||Kim Young-yi||SBS|
|Shining Romance||Lee Tae-ri||MBC|
|2014||What's With This Family||Heo Yang-geum||KBS2|
|Dodohara||Hong Ha-ra's mother (cameo)||SBS Plus|
|1988||Dangerous Scent (Married Couple)||Ji-sook|
|1989||I Want to Cry|
|2009||Running Turtle||Detective Jo's wife|
|1994||남편을 죽이는 서른가지방법|
|1988||MBC Drama Awards||Best New Actress||Queen Inhyeon|
|1998||MBC Entertainment Awards||Best Newcomer|
|2005||SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama Special||Love and Sympathy|
|2007||SBS Drama Awards||Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama||Golden Bride|
|2008||42nd Tax Payer's Day||Commendation (given by the Ministry of Strategy and Finance)||N/A|
- "Daejanggeum fever in China spawns events covering tourism, Korean cuisine". The Korea Times via Hancinema. 30 September 2005. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- 견미리, 성공적인 데뷔 무대 꾸려! [Kyeon Mi-ri, Earning a Successful Debut!]. Kyunghyang Sports (in Korean). 16 August 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- 임영규, 견미리와 이혼→사업실패→알코올 치매→폭행사건 악순화…눈물의 심경고백 [Im Yeong-gyu, Kyeon Mi-ri's ex → Divorce → Business Failure → Confesses in Tears about his Alcoholic Stupor]. Newsen (in Korean). 6 July 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- 두살연하 총각사업가와 4월 결혼발표 견미리 "아이들이 예뻐서 저랑 결혼한대요" [Bachelor Businessman who is Two Years Younger than Kyeon Mi-ri Announces April Wedding "He's marrying my pretty kids and me"]. The Dong-a Ilbo (in Korean). 11 April 1998. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- "Mom's Shoes May Not Be Too Big to Fill for Actress Lee Yu-bi". The Chosun Ilbo. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Lee, Hye-ji (2 August 2013). "Lee Yubi's Sister Signs with KEYEAST". 10Asia. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Yang Soo-kyung, Kyun Mi-ri Boost Stock Wealth". The Chosun Ilbo. 8 September 2009. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Kwon, Mee-yoo (30 October 2009). "Entertainers Investigated Over Stock Price Manipulation". The Korea Times. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- "Lee Soo-man Tops Entertainment Rich List". The Chosun Ilbo. 23 March 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- 견미리 1집 - 행복한 여자. ManiaDB (in Korean). Retrieved 3 July 2013.
- Kyeon Mi-ri at HanCinema
- Kyeon Mi-ri at the Korean Movie Database
- Kyeon Mi-ri at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a South Korean actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|