|Type||Subsidiary of Telenor & Alfa Group|
|Key people||Ihor Lytovchenko - President
Andrew Simmons – CFO
|Products||GSM, EDGE, GPRS|
|Revenue||11.59 billion UAH (2009)|
|Operating income||4.94 billion UAH (2009)|
|Net income||3.685 billion UAH (2009)|
Kyivstar (Ukrainian: Київстар) is the largest mobile network operator in Ukraine, it had 25.4 million subscribers at the end of June 2014 and thus a 42 percent market share. It served 24,944,592 subscribers as of October 2010. Kyivstar's wireless network operates using the GSM standard and provides coverage accessible by approximately 99% of the Ukrainian population.
The company was founded in 1994; the first call within the Kyivstar network was made on 9 December 1997. The company is a subsidiary of the VimpelCom Ltd.
From its very beginning, the company has always been believed to be tied with relatives of the former Ukrainian president Leonid Kuchma, thus getting preferential attitude from various government agencies in the past.
Kyivstar's network codes are +38068 (former Beeline customers), +38067 (postpay and prepaid customers), +38096, +38097 and +38098 (DJuice and prepaid).
The company has enabled its existing network with Push-to-Talk capabilities in January 2007.
In 2004, Kyivstar became the official mobile operator of the Ukrainian Olympic team.
- Ukraine's threat to shun Russian telecoms hard to fulfil, Reuters (Sep 14, 2014)
- Число абонентов: AC&M объявляет оценки числа абонентов в Украине по итогам октября 2010 года
- "Spider-Man Clims Kyivstar Building" (in Russian). allmobile.ua. Retrieved 2011-01-25.
- Djuice Music Drive
- Справочник номеров Киевстар
- Mobile email
- (English) Official website
- (Russian) Ukrainian mobile operators news
- (Russian) Kyivstar subscribers handbook
- KyivStar GSM, "Kyiv in Your Pocket"
|This Ukrainian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|