January 13, 1990 |
North Vancouver, BC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Rockford IceHogs (AHL)
|NHL Draft||11th overall, 2008
Kyle Beach (born January 13, 1990) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League (AHL). In the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, he was drafted 11th overall by the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Beach is a power forward that plays a tough, physical game accompanied by offensive skill. His aggressive play led to multiple concussions and a sports hernia while playing for the Everett Silvertips. After being named the 2006–07 WHL Rookie of the Year, Beach was projected to be a top 5 pick in the 2008 Entry Draft. However, his on-ice reputation and discipline issues made teams hesitant to draft him. Beach was called up by the Blackhawks on April 27, 2010.
His younger brother, Cody Beach, was born August 8, 1992. Cody was drafted by the St. Louis Blues in the 5th round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, and he is currently playing in the Western Hockey League with the Moose Jaw Warriors.
- "Hawks gamble with top pick Kyle Beach". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- "Getting ready for the Beach". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- NHL Chicago Blackhawks Transactions Page - sportsnet.ca
- "Cody Beach player profile". Eliteprospects.com. 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Kyle Beach's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Kyle Beach's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- NHL Entry Draft 2008
|Chicago Blackhawks first round draft pick