January 13, 1990 |
North Vancouver, BC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|New York Rangers
Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)
|NHL Draft||11th overall, 2008
Kyle Beach (born January 13, 1990) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League (AHL). Beach played junior hockey for the Everett Silvertips of the Western Hockey League. Beach was originally selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round (11th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. Beach has spent most of his professional hockey career with the Rockford Ice Hogs of the AHL. At the start of the 2013–14 season, Beach briefly played for HV71 of the Swedish Elite League. He joined the Wolfpack after the New York Rangers acquired his rights in a trade with the Blackhawks.
Beach is a power forward that plays a tough, physical game accompanied by offensive skill. After his first season in the Western Hockey League (WHL), he was named the league's Rookie of the Year. His aggressive play led to multiple concussions and a sports hernia while playing for the Everett Silvertips. After being named the 2006–07 WHL Rookie of the Year, Beach was projected to be a top 5 pick in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. However, his on-ice reputation and discipline issues made teams hesitant to draft him. Later in his WHL career, Beach bounced around, spending time with the Lethbridge Hurricanes and the Spokane Chiefs.
Beach made his professional debut with the Rockford Ice Hogs of the American Hockey League (AHL) at the end of the 2008–09 season. Until the start of the 2013–14 season, Beach had spent his entire professional career with the Ice Hogs. When HV71, of the Swedish Elite League ran into injury trouble, Beach joined the club for three weeks, appearing in 7 games. On December 6, 2013, Beach was traded to the New York Rangers for Brandon Mashinter. He was assigned to the Rangers AHL affiliate the Hartford Wolf Pack following the trade.
His younger brother, Cody Beach, was born August 8, 1992. Cody was drafted by the St. Louis Blues in the 5th round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, and he is currently playing in the American Hockey League with the Chicago Wolves. His cousin is Rich Harden, the Major League Baseball pitcher. As a child, his favorite player was Jarome Iginla.
|2013–14||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||39||2||5||7||58||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Beach, Kyle". National Hockey League. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Hawks gamble with top pick Kyle Beach". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2008-07-17.
- "Getting ready for the Beach". Vancouver Sun. Retrieved 2008-06-21.
- "Kyle Beach hockey statistics". HockeyDB.com. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Kyle Beach, Rangers". National Hockey League. Retrieved 2013-12-30.
- "Rangers acquire Beach in trade with Blackhawks". The Sports Network. 2013-12-06. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- "Cody Beach player profile". Eliteprospects.com. 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Kyle Beach's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Kyle Beach's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- NHL Entry Draft 2008
|Chicago Blackhawks first round draft pick