|Full name||Kyle Hutton|
|Date of birth||5 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Cambuslang, Scotland|
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
|2011||→ Partick Thistle (loan)||14||(0)|
|2012||→ Dunfermline Athletic (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 April 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Kyle Hutton (born 5 February 1991) is a Scottish association footballer who currently plays for Rangers.
Early Rangers career
He made his first start against Dunfermline Athletic on 21 September 2010. He picked up his first senior honour after coming on as a substitute for Rangers in a 2–1 victory over Celtic in the 2011 Scottish League Cup Final. A fortnight before, Hutton had signed a new contract with Rangers, keeping him there until 2014.
Partick Thistle (loan)
With first team chances in limited at Rangers, Hutton agreed to move to Sheffield United on a season long loan at the end of the summer transfer window but the deal subsequently fell through as the paperwork was not completed before the deadline. However, Hutton was eligible to leave on loan even after the transfer window shut to a team in Scotland outwith the SPL and subsequently joined Partick Thistle on a three-month loan deal on 9 September 2011.
On the last day of the January 2012 transfer window Hutton joined Dunfermline on loan till the end of the season. During his time there there was much speculation about Rangers possibly being forced to sell players with Hutton saying, “If Rangers need to sell players then it might give younger lads like myself an opportunity because there are definitely kids there who can do a job.” Hutton went on to play 9 games for Dunfermline but couldn't help save them from relegation.
After his loan spells Hutton hoped his performances could see him feature more regularly for the first team. Hutton agreed to transfer to Charles Green's new company saying, 'For me, it is in my best interests to stay where I am and to try to establish myself in the side next season. I feel I've got a lot more to give the club.' After starting in Rangers' first game against Brechin in late July, Hutton wouldn't feature again till late September, coming on for the injured Sandaza. His performance earned many plaudits, with Hutton saying afterwards he was 'in the dark' over why he hadn't featured more. In November 2013, Hutton suffered a broken leg, ruling him out of action on a long-term basis.
- As of 15 December 2013
|Partick Thistle (loan)||2011–12||12||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||12||0|
|Dunfermline Athletic (loan)||2011–12||9||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||9||0|
On 20 September 2010, Hutton and fellow Rangers youth player Kal Naismith, were abducted by two men in Edinburgh and driven around the city before being dumped in the city's Niddrie area. The men then mugged the players and stole the car. The car was later recovered and the men were both convicted.
- Scottish Premier League (1): 2010-11
- Scottish League Cup (1): 2011
- Scottish Third Division (1): 2013
- "Rangers 2–1 Kilmarnock". BBC Sport. 14 August 2010.
- "Celtic 1–2 Rangers". BBC Sport. 20 March 2011.
- "Hutton extends stay at Rangers". BBC Sport. 9 March 2011.
- "Blades capture Rangers duo". Sky Sports. 1 September 2011. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Sheffield Utd drop bid for Kyle Hutton and John Fleck". BBC Sport. 7 September 2011. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Rangers' Kyle Hutton joins Partick Thistle on loan". BBC Sport. 9 September 2011.
- "Rangers pair Jordan McMillan and Kyle Hutton join Dunfermline". Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Kyle Hutton feels heat after jumping out of Rangers frying pan into fire at Dunfermline". Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Kyle Hutton wants to get his Rangers career off the ground after loan". Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Hutton joins McCulloch and Wallace in committing to newco Rangers". Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Rangers midfielder Kyle Hutton hoping 'frustrating' spell at Ibrox is over". Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Europe and Scottish Challenge Cup
- "Men admit abducting Rangers players". BBC News. 14 December 2010. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- Kyle Hutton career stats at Soccerbase
- Kyle Hutton (U21) at scottishfa.co.uk
- Official website profile