Kyle McCulloch (born November 11, 1962 in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada) is a writer for the TV cartoon South Park, and is largely responsible for the show's Canadian culture themes. He was also a writer on SpongeBob SquarePants on the episode "Skill Crane". He will also occasionally provide the voice for one-time use characters, such as one of the Mormon characters in "All About Mormons".
McCulloch is also the voice and creator of Mr. Wong in the online cartoon series at icebox.com. The son of retired CBC Radio announcer Tom McCulloch, Kyle McCulloch grew up in Winnipeg and started his career acting in Guy Maddin films such as Archangel, Careful, and Tales from the Gimli Hospital. In 1990 he performed in his own play at the Winnipeg Fringe Festival.
- ^ Oliveria, Mike (January 30, 2004). "South Park off to see the PM in new satire". Toronto Star. p. A01.
- ^ Pinsky, Mark I. (2007). The Gospel according to The Simpsons: Bigger and Possibly Even Better! (2nd ed.). Louisville, Kentucky: Westminster John Knox. p. 280. ISBN 0-664-23160-8.
- ^ Tan, Cheryl Lu-Lein (January 8, 2000). "'Wong' cartoon draws ire of Asian Americans Animation". The Baltimore Sun. p. 1E.
- ^ Bruan, Josef (March 14, 2007). "Guy Maddin's Archangel is the Strong Silent Type". Vue Weekly. Retrieved March 27, 2010.
- ^ MacInnis, Craig (October 9, 1992). "Oedipus wrecks another nice family". Toronto Star. p. C14.
- ^ "No one gets out of 'Gimli Hospital' quite the same". The Atlanta Constitution. May 18, 1990. p. D5.
- ^ Newsletter Fall 2009, Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, p. 9