|Long snapper / Tight End|
|Date of birth:October 3, 1986|
|Place of birth: Norman, OK|
|College: New Mexico State|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|Debuted in 2012 for the San Diego Chargers|
|Roster status: Unrestricted Free Agent|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Kyle Nelson (born October 3, 1986) is an American football long snapper for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at New Mexico State University. He was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2011.
- 1 Early years
- 2 College career
- 3 Professional career
- 4 Personal life
- 5 References
- 6 External links
He attended China Spring High School for his senior year where he started at tight end and was the team's long snapper on special teams.
New Orleans Saints
On July 27, 2011, He signed with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent. On September 3, 2011, He was released. On September 4, He was signed to the practice squad. On September 5, He was released from the practice squad.
Kansas City Chiefs
San Francisco 49ers
San Diego Chargers
On November 20, 2012, He was signed after the team placed Long snapper Mike Windt on the season-ending Injured Reserve due to a wrist injury. During the 2012 season with the Chargers he appeared in six games. He was released from the Chargers in May, 2013. 
Second Stint with San Francisco 49ers
On May 22, 2013, it was announced Nelson was signed to 49ers for a second stint to compete with Brian Jennings for the Long snapper position. He was later released on July 10th, 2013.
His grandfather Roger Nelson was selected in the 14th round, 164 overall in the 1954 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins but played 13 years in the Canadian Football League for the Edmonton Eskimos and his father Mark Nelson also played nine years in the Canadian Football League.
- "Saints Agree to Terms with 20 Undrafted Rookie Free Agents". neworleanssaints.com. Retrieved July 27, 2011.
- "Saints Announce Roster Moves". neworleanssaints.com. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- "Saints Announce Practice Squad". neworleanssaints.com. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- "Saints sign TE Gilmore; Waive LB Humber & Make Practice Squad Moves". neworleanssaints.com. Retrieved September 5, 2011.
- "Chiefs Add TE Kyle Nelson To Practice Squad". kcchiefs.com. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "Niners sign longsnapper to future deal". sacbee.com. Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- "49ers Release 21 Players; Trade S Jones". 49ers.com. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- "Eagles add Nelson as insurance for Dorenbos". csnphilly.com. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- "Eagles snap up long-snapper Kyle Nelson after Jon Dorenbos' injury". cbssports.com. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- "Eagles Cut LB Brian Rolle". philadelphia.cbslocal.com. Retrieved October 2, 2012.
- "Windt placed on Injured-Reserve; Chargers sign long snapper Kyle Nelson". chargers.com. Retrieved November 20, 2012.
- "Kyle Nelson, LS for the Washington Redskins at NFL.com". redskins.com. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- "Seattle releases WR Martin, claims Nelson". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- "The #49ers have waived TE/LS Kyle Nelson.". Retrieved July 11, 2013.
- "Seahawks Make Roster Moves". Retrieved July 12, 2013.
- Farnsworth, Clare (August 26, 2013). "Monday in Hawkville: Enough with the penalties, says Pete Carroll". Seahawks.com. Retrieved September 1, 2013.
- Jones, Mike (October 15, 2013). "Redskins sign three to boost secondary and special teams, cut Pugh". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Jones, Mike (July 21, 2014). "Redskins waive long snapper Kyle Nelson, sign TE Mike Caussin". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- "New Mexico State Aggies profile". nmstatesports.com.
|Current long snappers in the National Football League (as of Week 17 of the 2013 NFL season)|
|American Football Conference|
|AFC East||AFC North||AFC South||AFC West|
|National Football Conference|
|NFC East||NFC North||NFC South||NFC West|