|Seattle Mariners – No. 15|
November 3, 1987 |
Concord, North Carolina
|Bats: Left||Throws: Right|
|July 7, 2011 for the Seattle Mariners|
(through 2013 season)
|Runs batted in||168|
Kyle Duerr Seager (born November 3, 1987) is an American professional baseball infielder with the Seattle Mariners of Major League Baseball (MLB). He was listed as one of the Top 10 prospects in the Mariners organization for the 2011 season, ranked 9th according to Baseball America. Organization Top 10 prospects: Seattle Mariners 2011 He was drafted in the 3rd round of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft by the Mariners. His brother Corey was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2012, while brother Justin was drafted by the Mariners in the 2013 draft.
High school and college career
Seager elected to stay in state and played college baseball at the University of North Carolina where he found a lot of success. Seager had a career .353 batting average, amassed 17 home runs, 66 doubles, and 167 RBIs.
During the Summer of 2008, Seager played in the Cape Cod Baseball League. He came up in the clutch numerous times for the Chatham A's.
Seager spent the majority of the 2009 season with the Class-A Clinton LumberKings. He hit .275 with a home run and 22 runs batted in. He also played 1 game with the AZL Mariners and 2 with the Class-A adv. High Desert Mavericks. Seager spent the entire 2010 season with High Desert and had a great year at the plate, batting .345 with 14 home runs and 74 runs batted in.
On July 6, 2011, Seager had his contract purchased by the Mariners.
Seager hit his first Major League home run on August 19, 2011 against the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field.
On June 5, 2013, Seager hit a grand slam in extra innings against the Chicago White Sox in the 14th inning. It was the first time in MLB history that a player hit a game-tying grand slam in extra innings. The Mariners would however lose the game 7–5 in 16 innings.
On August 16, 2013, Seager hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning giving the Mariners a late 2-1 lead. They would go on to win 3-1 against the Texas Rangers
Two days later, in the ninth inning, the game was tied at 3 in the ninth inning. Seager gave the Mariners a 4-3 lead against the Texas Rangers with an RBI double. The Mariners would win the series against them.
- Thorpe, Jacob (8 June 2013). "Seager's brother, Justin, drafted by Mariners". Seattle Mariners. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=668154&SPID=12960&DB_LANG=C&SITE=UNC&DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=205673239&Q_SEASON=2008 GoHeels.com: Player bio: Kyle Seager
- Axisa, Mike. "Mariners Designate Jose Yepez For Assignment". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Wild and wacky game in Seattle". ESPN - Elias Says. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)