Kyle Wilson (ice hockey)
December 15, 1984 |
Oakville, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
Norfolk Admirals (AHL)
Columbus Blue Jackets
|NHL Draft||272nd overall, 2004
Kyle Wilson (born December 15, 1984 in Oakville, Ontario) is a Canadian professional Ice hockey centre who currently plays for the Norfolk Admirals of the American Hockey League (AHL) whilst under contract to the Anaheim Ducks of the National Hockey League. Wilson played for Colgate University, where he received a bachelor's degree in physics.
Playing career 
Kyle Wilson was selected in the 9th round, 272nd overall, by the Minnesota Wild in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. He made his NHL debut in 2009–10 season with the Washington Capitals where he scored 2 assists in 2 games and finished with a +1 rating.
On July 2, 2010, Wilson signed a one-year contract as a free agent with the Columbus Blue Jackets. He started the 2010–11 season with Columbus and after being scratched for the first 5 games he made his Blue Jackets debut on October 22 where he took 2 penalties and ended with a -2 in the first period during a 6-2 loss to Calgary. Wilson was moved to the fourth line taking the place of the injured Ethan Moreau and he picked up his first NHL goal on October 25 against Brian Boucher of the Philadelphia Flyers.
On July 5, 2011, Wilson signed a two-year contract with the Nashville Predators. The first season of the contract is worth $550,000 in the NHL and $105,000 in the AHL. The second season is a one-way contract worth $550,000.
After his first season with the Predators on June 15, 2012, Wilson was traded along with Anders Lindback and a seventh-round draft pick to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Sébastien Caron, two second-round draft picks and a third-round draft pick. In the midst of a disappointing 2012–13 season scoring only 5 goals in 22 games with Lightning affiliate, the Syracuse Crunch, Wilson was traded by Tampa Bay to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Dan Sexton on March 11, 2013.
Career statistics 
|2006–07||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||7||1||0||1||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2006–07||South Carolina Stingrays||ECHL||5||3||2||5||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||32||4||7||11||12||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Blue Jackets sign Defenseman Nate Guenin, Forwards Frischmon and Wilson". Columbus Blue Jackets. 2010-07-02. Retrieved 2011-01-04.
- "Garon's 28 saves spur Jackets 2-1". Yahoo! Sports. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2011-01-04.
- "Predators sign forwards Kyle Wilson, Zach Stortini". Washington Examiner. 2011-07-05. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Lightning acquire G Lindback from Predators for Caron, picks". The Sports Network. 2012-06-15. Retrieved 2012-06-15.
- "Ducks acquire center Kyle Wilson from Tampa Bay in exchange for Sexton". Anaheim Ducks. 2013-03-11. Retrieved 2013-03-11.
- Kyle Wilson's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Kyle Wilson's player profile at NHL.com
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey centre born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|