|Born||Kylie Kristen Jenner
August 10, 1997
|Occupation||Television personality, model, author|
|Known for||Keeping Up with the Kardashians|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Life and career
1997–2008: Early life and beginnings
Kylie Jenner is the youngest daughter of 1976 Summer Olympics decathlon winner Bruce and Kris Jenner. She has an older sister, Kendall. Through her mother, she has three older half-sisters: Kourtney, Kim, and Khloé, and one older half-brother Rob. From her father, she has three older half-brothers: Burt, Brandon, and Brody, and an older half-sister, Casey Jenner. Her mother is of Dutch, English, and Scottish ancestry. Jenner attended Sierra Canyon School, where she was a member of the cheerleading team. In 2012, Kylie decided homeschooling would be a better option and enrolled in an at-home education program, which she will graduate from with a high school diploma in 2015.
In February 2007, a sex tape made by Kim Kardashian and her former boyfriend Ray J in 2003 was leaked, which largely contributed to her families' rise to prominence. Later that year, Kylie Kardashian, in addition to her mother Kris; her father Bruce; her sister Kendall; and half-siblings Kourtney, Kim, Khloé, and Rob were commissioned to star in the reality television series Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The series proved successful for E!, the network on which it is broadcast, and has led to the creations of spin-offs including Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami, Khloé & Lamar and Kourtney and Kim Take New York .
2008–2013: Career beginnings
Jenner began her modeling career with the Sears line "Crush Your Style", and has done photo shoots with photographer Nick Saglimbeni. She also has modeled for her cousin Natasha's clothing company. She has expressed an interest in acting as well, but has explained that college is a greater priority. Jenner modeled for Canadian singer Avril Lavigne's clothing line Abbey Dawn during the 2011 New York Fashion Week. She modeled for the official Hello Kitty Launch for American clothing retailer Forever 21 in Los Angeles. Seventeen chose Jenner and her sister Kendall as Style Stars of 2011 and as the new 'Style Ambassadors' for the magazine.
Kylie and Kendall Jenner hosted red carpet events for Glee: The 3D Concert Movie and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 in Los Angeles. The two also did an interview in the Bing Box at The Hunger Games premiere on March 12, 2012. Jenner has two nail lacquers from the Nicole by OPI nail polish brand called Wear Something Spar-kylie and Rainbow in the S-kylie. The latter is a best-selling product in the Kardashian Kolor nail polish line. Jenner appeared on the cover of Seventeen's Back-To-School September issue along with her older sister, Kendall.[volume & issue needed] On February 8, 2013, Jenner and Kendall launched a women's clothing line of their own design called Kendall & Kylie available exclusively at PacSun.
2013–present: Other ventures
Kylie and her sister Kendall released a science fiction novel, Rebels: City of Indra which is about two girls with superpowers who embark on a journey. Kylie spoke about the novel, saying "The fans seem to love it. That's why we did it, [The characters] names are Lex and Livia. I think we wanted to make Lex more like me and Livia more like Kendall, and they kind of evolved into their own characters".
Jenner announced that she hopes to pursue an acting career, saying "Right now I love designing and I want to pursue that career once I turn 18, but acting is something I would regret not giving a chance when I'm older, so I would love to try it and see if I like it, I used to do plays in school and then in my community. I would participate in all of them 'til I was 13". Kylie along with Kendall served as co-hosts for 2014 Much Music Video Awards in which she made her acting debut in a promo for the show.
A November 2013 media report indicated that Jenner was dating Jaden Smith. Jenner wrote in social media in July 2013, "Although we can't remember exactly when we met, I couldn't be more grateful that we did." On May 24, 2014, Jenner was spotted making out with Smith at Kim's wedding at Fort di Belvedere in Florence, Italy. Months later, media reports began to indicate that Jenner was dating 24 year old rapper Tyga. However, Tyga denied those rumors insisting there's nothing romantic going on as well as stating that he has been a longtime friend of the Kardashian family for four years.
Jenner gained media attention when recent Instagram photos showed Jenner with flaunting fuller lips and bigger breasts sparking many rumors that Jenner had gotten plastic surgery, including breast implants, botox and lip injections. Kim Kardashian denied these rumors saying its lip liner and stating that "Kylie is great at make-up". After months of internet speculation, Jenner stated "How long are we gonna talk about this lip thing lmao? Let's get our lives together guys and talk about some important shit. Just talk about something new at least. I'm bored" on her Twitter account.
On August 28, eighteen days after obtaining her drivers license on her sixteenth birthday, Jenner was involved in a car accident when she hit a Toyota vehicle that was stopped in traffic, causing it to slam into a Subaru car in front. The following August, Jenner was involved in another car accident in Glendale, California. Also within the same twelve month period, Jenner received a ticket for speeding and an additional one for having tinted windows and driving with a minor.
In November 2014, Kylie along with her mother and Karina Alvarez were named in a lawsuit against Alida Griselie Palma Rivera, a woman driving the Subaru that was involved in an accident with Jenner on 28 August 28. The complaint, filed United States District Court for the Southern District of California, accuses Jenner of negligence, unsafe speed in violation of California Vehicle Code 22350 and Negligent entrustment. Rivera claimed she sustained injuries after an accident to her body both internally and externally.
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||TV series|
|2010||Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami||Episode: "It's My Life"|
|2011||Khloé & Lamar||Episode: "Unbreakable"|
|2012||America's Next Top Model, Cycle 18||Episode: "Kris Jenner"|
|2013||Kourtney and Kim Take Miami||Episode: "Dragon Me Down"|
|2014||Kourtney and Khloé Take The Hamptons||Episode: "Kourt on the Defensive"|
- Marcus, Stephanie (August 16, 2011). "Kim Kardashian's Height: How Tall Are Kim, Kendall, Khloe, Kylie & Kourtney? (PHOTOS)". The Huffington Post.
- Corriston, Michele (August 10, 2014). "Kylie Jenner Turns 17: How the Kardashians and Justin Bieber Wished Her Happy Birthday". People. Retrieved October 20, 2014. "The Keeping up with the Kardashians star turned 17 on Sunday [August 10, 2014]…"
- Stephanie Hallett (February 18, 2012). "Kris Jenner, Bruce Jenner's Marriage: 10 Things You Didn't Know". The Huffington Post. AOL. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Jeff Mayish (May 1, 2013). "Ex-nanny to the Kardashians reveals Kris Jenner's temper and an O.J. Simpson trial kidnap scare". Daily News. Mortimer Zuckerman. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Now Kendall and Kylie Jenner leave Kim, Kanye and Kris to join father Bruce at 'palatial Malibu beach pad' for the summer". Daily Mail. Daily Mail and General Trust. June 28, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Kim Kardashian (June 11, 2008). "Monuments And Momentous Times In Monte Carlo". KimKardashian.Celebuzz.com. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Kim Kardashian on Sex Tape: 'A Tape Does Exist'". Extra. NBCUniversal. February 7, 2007. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- "Ray J Sends 'Love & Congratulations' To Kim Kardashian & Kanye West". Access Hollywood. NBCUniversal. July 8, 2013. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Kimberly Nordyke (November 13, 2007). "'Kardashians' earns its keep". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Karen (August 16, 2013). "Scott Disick is the Father of Mason Disick!". Las Vegas Guardian Express. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
- Keltner de Valle, Jane. "Growing-up Kardashian; Kendall and Kylie Jenner". Teen Vogue. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- Jenner,Kendall (March 29, 2010). "Hosting The Hello Kitty Launch". Retrieved February 9, 2011.[dead link]
- "PacSun Launches Premier "Kendall & Kylie" Collection Nationwide". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Gallant, Jacques. "Hosts Kylie and Kendall Jenner just wanna have fun at MMVAs". http://www.thestar.com/. TheStar.com. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- Wilson, Jess. "Kylie Jenner reveals she wants a career in acting". http://www.mirror.co.uk. Mirror.co. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- "Kendall and Kylie Jenner MuchMusic Video Awards Promo". http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com. The Hollywood Gossip. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- Hess, Mike. "Exclusive Kendall and Kylie Jenner Interview: Your Questions Answered!". celebuzz. Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- "Jaden Smith Treats Girlfriend Kylie Jenner to Gold Necklace". http://www.usmagazine.com/. US Magazine. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- Corriston, Michelle (May 24, 2014). "It's Official: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Married". People. Retrieved May 24, 2014.
- Beck, Caitlyn. "Tyga & Kylie Jenner Getting Serious — He’s Already Calling Kris Jenner ‘Mom’". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Nessif, Bruna. "Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors". E! Online. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Elizabeth, Stormy. "Kylie Jenner - Plastic Surgery Botox Implants Unfortunate Evolution - Kylie's Face (photos)". Celeb Dirty Laundry. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Interactive Inc., CBS. "Kim Kardashian weighs in on Kylie Jenner's plump lips". CBS News. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Lindner, Emilee. "Kylie Jenner Is Done Talking About Her Lips: ‘I’m Bored’". MTV. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Mizoguchi, Karen. "Sued! Kylie Jenner, 17, hit with lawsuit 'for being a negligent driver' in first car accident back in August 2013". Dailey Mail. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Toomey, Alyssa; Rosenbaum, Claudia. "Kylie Jenner Sued Over Car Accident, Kris Jenner Also Named in Lawsuit: All the Details". E! Online. Retrieved 6 November 2014.