Marsh opening a clothes shop at the Arndale Centre in Manchester
|Born||Kimberley Gail Marsh
13 June 1976
Whiston, Merseyside, England
|Other names||Kym Ryder, Kym Lomas|
|Spouse(s)||Jack Ryder (2002–09)
Jamie Lomas (2012–14)
|Partner(s)||Matt Baker (2014-)|
Billy Lomas (step-son)
Archie Jay Lomas (deceased)
Kimberley Gail Marsh (formerly Ryder and Lomas; born 13 June 1976) is a British actress and former singer, best known as a member of the group Hear'Say from 2001 until 2002 when she left and released her solo album Standing Tall.
Marsh was born in Whiston, Merseyside and raised in Garswood, in the Metropolitan Borough of St Helens, Merseyside. She first came into the public eye in 2001 after appearing as a contestant on ITV's talent show Popstars where she made the final line-up for the band Hear'Say along with four others. Marsh left the group in 2002 and had a brief but successful solo career.
In March 2001, Hear'Say released their first single "Pure and Simple", a cover of a track by Girl Thing. The song went straight to number one on the UK Singles Chart in March 2001, selling just under 550,000 copies. The group then released their second single, "The Way to Your Love", in June 2001. The song became their second consecutive number one single and shortly after toured the country.
In January 2002, Marsh announced that she was leaving Hear'Say, later revealing she often fought with Myleene Klass and Noel Sullivan. Auditions were held to find Marsh's replacement, however the group split up ten months later in October 2002.
Prior to her time in Hear'Say, Marsh had provided session vocals for artists including Matt Darey DJ having recorded several songs, Hemstock & Jennings. She sang in Norwegian for their track "Arctic" which caught the attention of Paul van Dyk and was remixed and re-recorded with additional vocals from Jan Johnston. The track was released in the UK via Positiva and reached No. 14 in the UK charts
After a while out of the spotlight, Marsh signed a solo record deal with Island Records. Her first single, "Cry", went to number two in the UK Singles Chart, and her second single "Come on Over" made number 10.
In July 2003, Marsh released her début solo album, Standing Tall, which contained three solo singles and twelve other tracks. Marsh's make-or-break third single, "Sentimental", stalled at number 35 resulting in her being dropped by her record label.
Lomas has said that she would like to return to music one day, but said "Right now I'm focusing on Corrie, and I am putting all my effort into it"
In early 2006, she entered Making Your Mind Up to pick a singer and song for the Eurovision Song Contest with a song called "Whisper to Me". Marsh came fourth in the contest, losing out to winner Daz Sampson.
In 2006, after playing prostitute Kay Price in one episode of Channel 4 late night soap Hollyoaks: In the City, she joined the cast of Coronation Street playing Michelle Connor. Her first episode was aired on 3 April 2006 and she still continues this role into 2014.
Popstar to Operastar
|Week||Air Date||Song||Public vote||Result|
|1||15 January 2010||"Si Un Jour"||12.1%||Safe|
|2||22 January 2010||"Libiamo ne'lieti calici"||19%||Safe|
|3||29 January 2010||"Habanera"||13.3%||Safe|
|4||5 February 2010||"Nella Fantasia"||24.0%||Safe|
|5||12 February 2010||"Pie Jesu"||13.5%||Eliminated|
On 26 May 2013, Marsh took part in a Celebrity edition of Catchphrase where she won money for her chosen charity.
Marsh married former EastEnders actor Jack Ryder in St Albans, Hertfordshire, on 10 August 2002. It was announced on 20 March 2008 that the couple had decided to separate and was looking to divorce. Marsh and Ryder announced their divorce on 12 August 2009. Marsh has a daughter named Emilie (born 1997).
Marsh has been dating Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas (who played Warren Fox) since July 2008. They married in Cheshire in September 2012. She and Lomas announced that they were expecting a baby in 2009. Their son, Archie Jay Lomas, was born 18 weeks early on 11 February, and died moments after birth. Marsh stated "Archie is our beautiful angel and we will miss him so much. Thank you all for your support." On 23 March 2011, Marsh gave birth to daughter Polly. Marsh filmed a documentary for ITV about premature births, called Born Too Soon and in late 2010 spoke at and helped organise a gala to raise money for special care baby charity Bliss.
On 3 October 2012, she confirmed that she will no longer be known as Kym Marsh and henceforth as Kym Lomas. In October 2013 Lomas filed for divorce citing unreasonable behaviour. Their divorce was finalised on 10th January 2014. 
- With Hear'Say
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"Pure and Simple"||2001||1||3||1||29||Popstars|
|"The Way to Your Love"||1||10||44||—|
|"Lovin' Is Easy"||2002||6||31||—||—||Non-album single|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Come on Over"||10||11|
|"Today" (with Evil Angel)||2004||43||72||Non-album single|
Awards and nominations
- Won Best Newcomer at The British Soap Awards
- Won Best Newcomer at the TV Quick Awards
- Won Favourite Newcomer at the TV Now Awards
- Won Most Popular Newcomer at the National Television Awards
- Won Best TV Soap Personality at the TRIC Awards
- Won Best Celeb Mum at the Tesco Awards
- Won Favourite Actress at the TV Now Awards
- Won Best Dressed Soap Star at the Inside Soap Awards
- Won Bounty Celebrity Mum of the Year
- "Kym Ryder switches back to Marsh". Digital Spy. 29 September 2008. Retrieved 19 December 2008.
- Ancestry.co.uk — birth registration details
- "The home of music". Trance.nu. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Chart Log UK: Asher D – Dyverse". Zobbel.de. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Corrie star splits from husband". BBC News. 20 March 2008. Retrieved 20 March 2008.
- "Kym Marsh settles divorce terms with Jack Ryder | TV: Latest News | STV Entertainment". Entertainment.stv.tv. 9 August 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Showbiz – News – Ryder, Lomas announce relationship – Digital Spy
- "Kym Marsh announces pregnancy – Coronation Street News – Showbiz". Digital Spy. 5 December 2008. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Street star Kym Marsh's baby dies". BBC News. 12 February 2009. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Inside Soap Magazine 9–15 April 2011
- "'Coronation Street' star Kym Marsh changing surname after wedding – Coronation Street News – Showbiz". Digital Spy. 3 October 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Hear'Say" (select "Singles" tab). The Official Charts Company. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Discography Hear'say". irish-charts.com. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Discography Hear'say". charts.org.nz. Hung Medien. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Discographie Hear'say" (in German). hitparade.ch. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Certified Awards Database" (insert "Hear'say" into the "Search" box, and then select "Go"). British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 351. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.