Marsh opening a clothes shop at the Arndale Centre in Manchester
|Born||Kimberley Gail Marsh
13 June 1976
Whiston, Merseyside, England
|Other names||Kym Ryder, Kym Marsh, Kym Lomas|
Jamie Lomas (m. 2012–2013: Divorce filed)
Billy Lomas (step-son)
Archie Jay Lomas (deceased)
Kimberley Gail "Kym" Marsh (formerly Ryder and Lomas, born 13 June 1976) is an English actress and former singer. She currently stars as Michelle Connor in the long-running soap opera Coronation Street, and has enjoyed chart success as both a member of Hear'Say and a solo artist.
Marsh was born in Whiston, Merseyside and raised in Garswood, in the Metropolitan Borough of St Helens, Merseyside. She first came into the public eye in 2001 after appearing as a contestant on ITV's talent show Popstars where she made the final line-up for the band Hear'Say along with four others. Marsh left the group in 2002 and had a brief but successful solo career. She now plays Michelle Connor in the long-running soap opera Coronation Street.
Prior to her time in Hear'Say, Marsh had provided session vocals for artists including Matt Darey DJ having recorded several songs, Hemstock & Jennings. She sang in Norwegian for their track "Arctic" which caught the attention of Paul van Dyk and was remixed and re-recorded with additional vocals from Jan Johnston. The track was released in the UK via Positiva and reached No. 14 in the UK charts
After a while out of the spotlight, Marsh signed a solo record deal with Island Records. Her first single, "Cry", went to number two in the UK Singles Chart, and her second single "Come on Over" made number 10.
In July 2003, Marsh released her début solo album, Standing Tall, which contained three solo singles and twelve other tracks. Marsh's make-or-break third single, "Sentimental", stalled at number 35 resulting in her being dropped by her record label.
Lomas has said that she would like to return to music one day, but said 'right now I'm focusing on Corrie, and I am putting all my effort into it.'
In early 2006, she entered Making Your Mind Up to pick a singer and song for the Eurovision Song Contest with a song called "Whisper to Me". Marsh came fourth in the contest, losing out to winner Daz Sampson.
Marsh made her TV acting debut in a 2005 episode of BBC soap opera Doctors, playing a character called Ruth Parry.
Marsh married former EastEnders actor Jack Ryder in St Albans, Hertfordshire, on 10 August 2002. It was announced on 20 March 2008 that the couple had decided to separate and was looking to divorce. Marsh and Ryder announced their divorce on 12 August 2009. Lomas has a daughter named Emily (born 1997).
Marsh has been dating Hollyoaks actor Jamie Lomas (who played Warren Fox) since July 2008. They married in Cheshire in September 2012. She and Lomas announced that they were expecting a baby in 2009. Their son, Archie Jay Lomas, was born 18 weeks early on 11 February, and died moments after birth. Marsh stated "Archie is our beautiful angel and we will miss him so much. Thank you all for your support." On 23 March 2011, Marsh gave birth to daughter Polly. Marsh filmed a documentary for ITV about premature births, called Born Too Soon and in late 2010 spoke at and helped organise a gala to raise money for special care baby charity Bliss.
On 3 October 2012, she confirmed that she will no longer be known as Kym Marsh and henceforth as Kym Lomas. In October 2013 Lomas filed for divorce citing unreasonable behaviour. 
- Standing Tall (2003)
Awards and nominations
- Won Best Newcomer at The British Soap Awards
- Won Best Newcomer at the TV Quick Awards
- Won Favourite Newcomer at the TV Now Awards
- Won Most Popular Newcomer at the National Television Awards
- Won Best TV Soap Personality at the TRIC Awards
- Won Best Celeb Mum at the Tesco Awards
- Won Favourite Actress at the TV Now Awards
- Won Best Dressed Soap Star at the Inside Soap Awards
- Won Bounty Celebrity Mum of the Year
- "Marsh, Ryder granted 'quickie' divorce – Showbiz News". Digital Spy. 26 March 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Kym Ryder switches back to Marsh". DigitalSpy. 29 September 2008. Retrieved 19 December 2008.
- Ancestry.co.uk — birth registration details
- "The home of music". Trance.nu. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Chart Log UK: Asher D – Dyverse". Zobbel.de. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Corrie star splits from husband". BBC News. 20 March 2008. Retrieved 20 March 2008.
- "Kym Marsh settles divorce terms with Jack Ryder | TV: Latest News | STV Entertainment". Entertainment.stv.tv. 9 August 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Showbiz – News – Ryder, Lomas announce relationship – Digital Spy
- "Kym Marsh announces pregnancy – Coronation Street News – Showbiz". Digital Spy. 5 December 2008. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- "Street star Kym Marsh's baby dies". BBC News. 12 February 2009. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Inside Soap Magazine 9–15 April 2011
- "'Coronation Street' star Kym Marsh changing surname after wedding – Coronation Street News – Showbiz". Digital Spy. 3 October 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2012.