|Birth name||Kimberley Grigsby|
Gary, Indiana, United States
|Genres||Soul, house, Hi-NRG, R&B|
|Associated acts||Soul II Soul, Jocelyn Brown
Kym Mazelle (born Kimberley Grigsby, 1960 in Gary, Indiana) is an American dance-pop, Hi-NRG, soul and house singer. She was brought up and lived on the same street as the Jackson family and knew Michael Jackson's mother and uncle.
In 1988 she released the single "Useless (I Don't Need You Now)", a hit on the club charts which stalled at #53 on the UK singles chart. Her next release, "Wait," a duet with Robert Howard from The Blow Monkeys in 1989, peaked at #7 in the UK.
Mazelle's debut album Crazy was released in the UK with the single "Love Strain". "Was That All It Was" returned Mazelle to the UK Top 40 and "Useless (I Don't Need You now)" was remixed by Norman Cook.
The single "Missing You" by Soul II Soul achieved major success worldwide. This led to Parlophone repackaging Mazelle's debut album as Brilliant with remixes of her singles, two new tracks and a remix of "No One Can Love You More Than Me".
Mazelle recorded a cover version of the song "Young Hearts Run Free" which appeared in the 1996 Baz Luhrmann film William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet and also appeared on the director's remix album Something for Everybody.
In 2005, Mazelle took part in the British version of the reality TV show, Celebrity Fit Club. She lost 1 stone and 10 pounds during the programme, and tore her calf muscle performing a sudden movement during an exercise routine. After it healed, she ripped it again, while trying to get out of the way of a moving car.
She Headlined Liverpool Pride on August 6, 2011.
November 3, 2011 She headlined Prince Charles's Prince's Trust Ambassador Ball In Glasgow and helped to raise £93,000.00 for the Charity on the night.
On April 6, 2013, appearence The Voice UK was broadcast on the BBC. .
- Crazy (1989)
- Brilliant! (1989) - North American version of "Crazy", partly remixed
- The Pleasure is All Mine (2005) - with Intrallazzi/Provera
- Destiny (2010)
- Brilliant!! (1991) - European remix compilation, with 3 new tracks
- The Gold Collection (1996)
Based on entry level positions
- "Useless (I Don't Need You Now)" (1988) UK #53, US Hot Dance Club Play: #13
- "Wait" (duet with Dr. Robert of The Blow Monkeys) (1989) UK #7
- "Got to Get You Back" (1989) UK #29
- "Love Strain" (1989) UK #52
- "Was That All It Was" (1990) UK #33
- "Useless (I Don't Need You Now)" (re-mix) (1990) UK #48
- "Missing You" (with Soul II Soul) (1990) UK #22
- "No One Can Love You More Than Me" (1991) UK #62
- "Love Me the Right Way" (with Rapination) (1992) UK #22
- "No More Tears (Enough Is Enough)" (duet with Jocelyn Brown) (1994) UK #13
- "Gimme All Your Lovin'" (duet with Jocelyn Brown) (1994) UK #22
- "Searching For the Golden Eye" (with Motiv-8) (1995) UK #40
- "Love Me the Right Way" (re-mix) (with Rapination) (1996) UK #55
- "Young Hearts Run Free" (1997) UK #20
- "A Place in My Heart" (1999) US Hot Dance Singles Sales: #46
- "Truly" (with Peshay) (2000) UK #55
- "Love Magic" (2005)
- "Here Come's The Light" (2009)
- IMO Records. http://www.imorecords.co.uk/house-2/house-artists/kym-mazelle-biography/ "Kym Mazelle Biography"], IMO Records' Retrieved on 01 March 2011.
- "Biography by Ron Wynn". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 23 February 2009.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 357. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Allmusic.com - Charts & Awards