Kynapse main functionalities
- An automatic AI data generation tool
- A complete 3D pathfinding
- Spatial reasoning
- The management of dynamic and destructible terrains
- Streaming mechanisms to handle very large terrains
- Optimizations for multicore/multiprocessing/Cell architectures
Kynapse has been used in the development of more than 80 game titles including Mafia II, Crackdown, Alone in the Dark 5, Fable II, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Watchmen: The End Is Nigh, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar and the Unreal engine. Kynapse is also being used by companies such as EADS, BAE Systems or Électricité de France to develop military or industrial simulation.
- Gamasutra - Real Time Worlds Grabs Kynapse AI For Crackdown
- Kynapse Gets Alone In The Dark news from 1UP.com
- Gamasutra - Turbine Chooses Kynapse For Major MMO Licenses
- EADS NetCOS Utilizes Kynapse To Develop Next Generation Simulation Ssystems :: modsim.org :: News and forums for the Visual Simulation & Modeling Industry
- Kynapse adds Wii support - News - www.developmag.com
- Barnett, Patrick (March 7, 2012). "Autodesk Enters License Agreement with Nintendo". Nintendo World Report.