|Motto||Pursuit of Truth, Goodness, and Beauty|
|Location||Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan|
|Colors||green and gray|
Kyorin University (杏林大学 Kyōrin daigaku?) is a private university located in the western part of Tokyo, Japan. Its two campuses are in Mitaka and Hachiō-ji, Tokyo. It was established in 1970. The predecessor of the school, Mitaka Shinkawa Hospital, was founded in 1953 by Shinyu Matsuda.
Mitaka Shinkawa Hospital was originally started as a sanitarium for tuberculosis at the current place of Mitaka campus of Kyorin University in 1953. Two years after, the training school for assistant nurses opened. The hospital gradually added psychiatric and general medical wards, and, in 1963, Tokyo Mitaka Shinkawa General Hospital was chartered.
In 1966, Kyorin Educational Foundation was founded and Kyorin Junior College (ja), which was reorganized to Faculty of Health Sciences of Kyorin University in 1979, started to develop Medical Laboratory Scientists. When Kyorin University School of Medicine was established in 1970, Tokyo Mitaka Shinkawa General Hospital was reconstituted as Kyorin University Hospital.
The university has four undergraduate faculties and three graduate schools.
Faculties and Departments
- Faculty of Foreign Studies
- Department of Chinese Communication
- Department of English Language
- Department of Hospitality and Tourism
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Department of Clinical Engineering
- Department of Health and Welfare
- Department of Medical Technology
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Paramedics
- Department of Physical Therapy
- School of Medicine
- Department of Medicine
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Policy Studies
- Graduate School of Health Sciences
- Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies
- Graduate School of Medicine
- "Our Founding Philosophy: Truth, Goodness, and Beauty". 2011. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- "A Brief History of Kyorin University". 2011. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- "Facts of Kyorin University" (in Japanese). 2010. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- 杏林学園 (Kyorin Foundation) (1981). 杏林学園15年史(Kyorin Foundation 15th Anniversary) (in Japanese). Mitaka, Tokyo, JAPAN: 杏林学園 (Kyorin Foundation). p. 5.
- "Organizational chart of Kyorin University". 2011. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
|This article on a Tokyo institute of higher education or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|