Lázaro Bruzón at the 2005 Corus chess tournament
|Full name||Lázaro Bruzón Batista|
2 May 1982 |
Las Tunas, Cuba
|FIDE rating||2678 (March 2014)
(No. 34 in the May 2012 FIDE World Rankings)
|Peak rating||2711 (May 2012)|
Lázaro Bruzón Batista (born 2 May 1982) is a chess grandmaster from Cuba. On the June 2013 FIDE list his Elo rating is 2687. Bruzón was the 2000 World Junior Chess Champion. In 2004 he finished first at the XII Torneo "Guillermo Garcia" in Memoriam in Villa Clara. In 2005 he won the American Continental Championship and tied for 2nd–5th with Kamil Mitoń, Zhang Pengxiang and Artyom Timofeev in the Samba Cup in Skanderborg. In 2008 he came first in the 35th open tournament in Manresa. In 2010 he tied for 1st–6th with Kamil Mitoń, Bojan Kurajica, Yuri Gonzalez Vidal, Evgeny Gleizerov and Bartlomiej Heberla in the 4th Torneo Internacional de Ajedrez Ciudad de La Laguna and tied for 1st–2nd with Ivan Salgado Lopez at Barcelona.
- Crowther, Mark (7 June 2004). "TWIC 500: XII Torneo "Guillermo Garcia" In Memoriam". London Chess Center. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- "Bruzón wins Continental, Kamsky equal second". ChessBase. 18 August 2005. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Crowther, Mark (24 October 2005). "TWIC 572: 2nd Samba Cup". London Chess Center. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "Sevag Mekhitarian in Manresa". Armchess.am. 28 August 2008. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Torneo Internacional de Ajedrez Ciudad de La Laguna". Chessdom.com. Retrieved 16 May 2010.
- "Archive. Tournament report January 2011: Ciutat de Barcelona-Casino de Barcelona". FIDE. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- Lázaro Bruzón player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Corus Chess 2005 - Biography of Lazaro Bruzon
|This biographical article relating to a Cuban chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|