|• Mayor||Lothar Ocker (CDU)|
|• Total||6.15 km2 (2.37 sq mi)|
|Elevation||33 m (108 ft)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Lütjenburg was founded in the 12th century by Lord Holstein as a result of the conquest of the old territories of the Slavic peoples.
The member of the Bundestag for the electoral district of Plön-Neumünster is Philipp Murmann (CDU), who got 38.6 percent of all votes in 2009 and the member of the Landtag, in Kiel, is Werner Kalinka (CDU), who got 35.7 percent.
Due to the closeness to the Ostseebad Hohwacht many tourists visit Lütjenburg as well, to do some shopping or to visit the landmark of Lütjenburg, the "Bismarck Tower".
The 6th. antiaircraft regiment of the Bundeswehr is located in Lütjenburg, too. The Bundeswehr is the biggest employer in this region.
Lütjenburg has an elementary school and, by now, still all other, continuative schools, the "Hauptschule" (a kind of Junior High School for non-intellectually gifted students), "Realschule" (Junior High School), "Gymnasium" (Senior High School). They are united in the "Schulzentrum Lütjenburg", a center of all these three continuative schools. But they are just united regarding the location. A special school (for slow learners) "Otto-Mensing-Schule" is also located in Lütjenburg.
- Uljanowo (Russia, Kaliningrad Oblast)
- Rakvere (Estonia)
- Sternberg (Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania)
- Bain-de-Bretagne (France)
- "Statistikamt Nord – Bevölkerung der Gemeinden in Schleswig-Holstein 4. Quartal 2012] (XLS-Datei) (Fortschreibung auf Basis des Zensus 2011)". Statistisches Amt für Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein (in German). 25 July 2013.
- "Twin Cities". Rakvere. Retrieved 30 April 2014.
|This Plön district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|