|Type||Daily newspaper (in weekdays)|
|Founder(s)||Nassredine El Afrit
History and profile
L'Économiste was first published in 1998. The paper is based in Casablanca. It is the sister publication of Arabic daily Assabah and both are owned by Ecomedias. Although it is an independent paper, it has a pro-government stance.
The paper is published in weekdays and focuses on business news.
- William A. Rugh (2004). Arab Mass Media: Newspapers, Radio, and Television in Arab Politics. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 103. ISBN 978-0-275-98212-6. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- "Media landscape. Morocco". Menasset. Retrieved 9 October 2014.
- Aziz Douai (2009). "In Democracy’s Shadow: The ‘New’ Independent Press and the Limits of Media Reform in Morocco". Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture 6 (1). Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "High-End Monthly Launched in Morocco". The Arab Press Network. 21 May 2008. Retrieved 9 September 2014.
- African Media and ICT4D: Documentary Evidence: A Baseline Study on the State of Media Reporting on ICT and Information Society Issues in Africa. United Nations Publications. 2003. p. 17. ISBN 978-92-1-125088-6. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Chiffres – OJD Maroc – OJD". OJD.ma. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Official website (in French)