|Manufacturer||L'Chaim Kosher Vodka|
|Country of origin||Israel|
|Related products||List of vodkas|
L'Chaim Kosher Vodka is a line of Israeli kosher alcoholic beverages. It is distributed by Group Force Capital, LLC of Miami, Florida, in the Wynwood Art District. L'Chaim (meaning “to life” in Hebrew) is certified kosher by the Orthodox Union, the largest certifying body in the world. It is one of a number of certified kosher spirits.
In 2010, L'Chaim Kosher Vodka was introduced to the market in New York, New Jersey, and Florida. In 2011, L'Chaim signed a national distribution contract with Southern Wine & Spirits, the nation's largest wine and spirits distributor.
Ingredients and creation
L'Chaim Kosher Vodka is a corn-based vodka made with water from springs in the Golan Heights, and undergoes a triple distillation process in Or Akiva, along Israel's coastal plain. It is prepared according to a Russian and European recipe brought to Israel by Jewish immigrants. The vodka has been described as having "a crisp, slightly spicy flavor with hints of vanilla."
The kosher certification of the vodka is intended to appeal to Jews and non-Jews alike.
L'Chaim Vodka Kosher for Passover Line
In 2012, L'Chaim launched a kosher for Passover vodka made from beets instead of corn. The vodka is suitable to be consumed on the Jewish holiday of Passover, only when it is in special packaging. The Kosher for Passover edition has a gold design on the bottle, as opposed to silver.
|L'Chaim Kosher Vodka||2009||Pure Premium Vodka||750ml/50ml/1.75L|
|L'Chaim Kosher Wine Concord Grape Red||2012||Sweet Red Table Wine||750ml|
|L'Chaim Kosher Wine Concord Grape White||2012||Sweet White Table Wine||750ml|
- "Group Force Capital Sues Virtuoso Distillers for Trademark Infringement and Unfair Competition". Indiana Intellectual Property Law News. Paul B. Overhauser. Overhauser Law Offices. 8 September 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
Trademark lawyers for Group Force Capital, LLC of Aventura, FL, filed a lawsuit alleging Virtuoso Distillers, LLC of Mishawaka, IN, infringed Trademark...for the mark L'CHAIM.
- Alia Akkam (August 2010). "Raise a Glass to L'Chaim". Beverage Journal.
- Michelle Locke (December 1, 2010). "Toast Hanukkah with kosher spirits". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Staff writer (December 2, 2010). "Kosher vodka for Hanukkah toasts - L'Chaim makes kosher rum, wine and tequila". New York Daily News. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- "Southern Wine & Spirits - Item Catalog". Southern Wine & Spirits. December 4, 2011. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Staff writer (2011). "America's Largest Private Companies - #30 Southern Wine & Spirits". Forbes. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Monica Kertznus & Jen Karetnick (August 12, 2011). "A Toast to Diversity". Jewish Way. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Staff writer (December 2010). "Cocktail Creativity". Cravings South Florida.
- Staff writer (March 2011). "Kosher is Kool". Cravings South Florida. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Xania Woodman (April 5, 2012). "Seven reasons to lift up a glass". Vegas Seven. Retrieved May 16, 2012.