L'Enclume in Cartmel in Cumbria, UK
|Head chef||Mark Birchall|
|Food type||Modern British|
|Rating|| (Michelin Guide 2013)
L'Enclume (pronounced: [lɑ̃.klym], French for "the anvil") is a restaurant located in Cartmel, Cumbria, England. In 2008, the restaurant held one star in the Michelin Guide. In 2012, the restaurant held two stars in the Michelin Guide.
The restaurant was founded in 2003 by chef-patron Simon Rogan, who trained under Marco Pierre White, and co-owner, Penny Tapsell. It is situated in an 800-year-old former smithy with, from 2010, all the food supplied from Rogan's farm.
- "Full list of Michelin stars in Britain and Ireland". Telegraph.co.uk. 24 January 2008. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- "L'Enclume - Restaurants - Cartmel - The AA". The AA. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Gerard, Jasper (20 November 2009). "Cumbria restaurant guide: L'Enclume, Cartmel, Cumbria". Telegraph. Retrieved 22 November 2009.
- "The Good Food Guide 2014: The UK's top 10 restaurants announced". The Good Food Guide. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- Newsom, Sean (11 September 2005). "Old landscape, new luxury in the Lakes". The Times. Retrieved 22 November 2009.
|This UK-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|