June - July 2013 cover
|Director||Marie José Susskind Jalou|
|Editor-in-Chief (fashion)||Vanessa Bellugeon|
L'Officiel (French pronunciation: [lɔfisjɛl]) is a French fashion magazine published by Les Editions Jalou. It has been published in Paris since 1921 and targets upper-income, educated women aged 25 to 49. Les Editions Jalou is a family media group based in Paris. It is 100% controlled by the Jalou family, and presided by Ms Marie-José Susskind-Jalou. As of 2013, it had a circulation of 135,000 A men's edition of L'Officiel called L'Officiel Hommes also published.
Both L'Officiel and L'Officiel Hommes are currently published in more than 20 countries, including Azerbaijan, Brazil, Central Asia, China, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Morocco, the Netherlands, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Arab Emirates. Editions Jalou plan to launch L'Officiel magazine in Australia in 2015.
The complete name of the magazine is "L'Officiel de la Couture et de la Mode de Paris".
L'Officiel was first published by Andrée Castaniée in 1921. George Jalou joined the magazine as artistic director in 1932. Soon after, L'Officiel launched the careers of designers including Pierre Balmain, Cristóbal Balenciaga, Christian Dior, and Yves St. Laurent, and the magazine became "the Bible of fashion and of high society". Jalou later became the magazine's general director, and ultimately purchased the publication. He transferred ownership of L'Officiel to his three children in 1986. Laurent became the president of Editions Jalou, Marie-José Susskind-Jalou directed its editorial content, and Maxime was responsible for publication. After Laurent died of a heart attack in January 2003, Marie-José Susskind-Jalou became the company's president. In recent years, the publication has taken a more youthful, energetic approach to fashion.
Editions Jalou, a family-owned company also comprises magazines including Jalouse, L'Optimum, L'Officiel Hommes, L'Officiel Art and L'Officiel Voyage. After launching L'Officiel in Indonesia and Azerbaijan this year, it is planning to launch editions in Switzerland and Australia for 2014 or 2015, which would bring the number of editions to more than 30. It is also eyeing the U.S. market, where it would launch with a partner. Meanwhile, Jalouse will have Chinese and Russian editions before the end of the year.
Editions Jalou generated a turnover of 31 millions euros, or $39.8 million at average exchange, in France in 2012, according to the company.
|If you have just labeled this page as a potential copyright issue, please follow the instructions for filing at the bottom of the box.|
The previous content of this page or section has been identified as posing a potential copyright issue, as a copy or modification of the text from the source(s) below, and is now listed on Wikipedia:Copyright problems (listing):
Unless the copyright status of the text on this page is clarified, the problematic text or the entire page may be deleted one week after the time of its listing.
|Can you help resolve this issue?
For more details on this topic, see Wikipedia:CP § Responding to articles listed for copyright investigation.
|About importing text to Wikipedia
For more details on this topic, see Wikipedia:Copying text from other sources.
|Instructions for filing
If you have tagged the article for investigation, please complete the following steps:
- "L'Officiel, magazine fact sheet as of 2013". Les Editions Jalou. Retrieved 2013.
- "Lifestyle Mag L'Officiel to be Published in Latvia from Sept". Baltic News Service (10 March 2008). (Via LexisNexis.)
- "Heart Media to publish L’OFFICIEL Singapore edition". WW-MG. 27 May 2013.
- "Les Editions Jalou, International". Les Editions Jalou.
- GUILBAULT, LAURE. "L'Officiel Taps Vincent Darré". WWD. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- (French) Corine Moriou. "Le groupe édite L'Officiel, Jalouse, L'Optimum, etc.; Jalou, les magazines qui font des jaloux". L'Entreprise (1 September 2006), p. 54.
- "la bible de la mode et des élégantes"
- GUILBAULT, LAURE (18 September 2013). "L'Officiel Taps Karl Lagerfeld for October Issue". WWD.
- FOREMAN, KATYA (28 February 2012). "Les Editions Jalou Partnering With French Concierge Service". WWD.
- REPACI, FABIANA (1 May 2012). "Italian Edition of L'Officiel to Debut in September". WWD.
- "Thai edition of French fashion mag launched." The Nation News. (12 March 2012)
- "Founder of Kompas Daily wins Lifetime Achievement Award at Gala APC dinner." Asian Publishing convention. (12 July 2013)
- "Fashion magazine launched in UK". Press Trust of India (14 June 2007).
- "Fashion and Luxury Magazine L'Officiel Now Published by MaXposure Media Group (Gruner & Jahr)". Business Wire India. 4 October 2013.
- Gupta, Devesh (17 October 2013). "L'Officiel begins second innings". AFAGS!.