Outfest is an LGBT-oriented film showcase and festival in Los Angeles, California. Founded in 1982 as the "Gay and Lesbian Media Festival and Conference", the name was changed to Outfest in 1994.
- Outfest: The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Film Festival – The oldest continuous film festival in Los Angeles.
- Outfest Wednesdays – An LGBT weekly screening series.
- Fusion: The Los Angeles LGBT People of Color Film Festival – A multi-racial, gender-inclusive People of Color film festival.
- Legacy Project for LGBT Film Preservation – The first film preservation program in the world dedicated to saving and protecting LGBT films.
- Access LA – Forging connections between filmmakers and established industry professionals.
- Outfest Screenwriting Lab – A program for emerging screenwriters.
Outie awards 
Outfest gives annual "Outie" awards in 16 categories. Awards are given by grand juries, festival audiences and the Program Committees. Jury awards are given for: US Narrative Feature; Screenwriting; Actor in a Feature Film; Actress in a Feature Film; International Feature; Documentary Feature. Audience awards are given for: First Narrative Feature; Narrative Feature; Lesbian Narrative Feature; Documentary Feature; Narrative Short Film; Documentary Short Film; Soundtrack. Programs awards are given for: Freedom Award; Outstanding Emerging Talent; Outstanding Artistic Achievement. Outfest also presents the Outfest Achievement Award, the Outfest Honors, the Outfest Screenwriting Lab Award and the Screen Idol Award.
External links