L.A. Woman (song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
|Song by The Doors from the album L.A. Woman|
|Recorded||December 1970-January 1971|
|Genre||Boogie rock, psychedelic rock, blues rock|
|Length||7:49 (original version)
7:59 (40th anniversary edit)
|L.A. Woman track listing|
The song was recorded at The Doors Workshop on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, between December 1970 and January 1971. Morrison recorded his vocal part in the bathroom of the makeshift studio due to the room's natural reverb. Marc Benno was a second guitarist on the session, Jerry Scheff played electric bass guitar.
The 40th Anniversary edition of the album version begins with a guitar riff of My Country, 'Tis of Thee.
- The Leningrad Cowboys covered the song on their 1988 release 1917-1987.
- Billy Idol covered this song on his 1990 album Charmed Life.
- A Paul Oakenfold remix of "L.A. Woman" featured in episode #1.02 of Californication.
- Jane's Addiction covered the song as part of the "L.A. Medley" which also contained the songs "Nausea" by the L.A. based punk rock band X and "Lexicon Devil" from Germs.
- Particle covered this song with Robby Krieger, the guitarist from The Doors, on their Transformations Live album.
- World-music, rock band Days of the New covered the song for the Doors tribute album, Stoned Immaculate: The Music of The Doors.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic covered a short segment of the song on his first polka medley, "Polkas on 45", on his second studio album, "Weird Al" Yankovic in 3-D.
- "Mr Mojo Risin'". BBC Radio 2. British Broadcasting Corporation. 29 June 2011. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Jim Morrison's lyrics open The Doors at auction for $200,700". Paulfrasercollectibles.com. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- Johnny Loftus. "Charmed Life - Billy Idol | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- Allmusic entry, accessed 6/6/06
- Total Guitar, May 1998, #43:86-96, Classic Track: LA Woman: The Doors by Joe Bennett (text) and Kit Morgan (song transcription)