||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2010)|
|Key people||Iain Evans, Global Chairman|
|Products||Management consulting services, including strategy, private equity, mergers & acquisitions, life sciences, and retail|
|Employees||900+ employees worldwide|
Started in 1983 by three partners from Bain & Company, James Lawrence, Iain Evans and Richard Koch, L.E.K. has since grown to over 900 consultants and 21 offices worldwide. The firm now operates as a single global partnership and advises 20 percent of the world's largest companies, as well as leading private equity firms and governments. It stands out as the only major global strategy consulting firm to have grown from a UK base and is the second-largest European strategy consulting firm behind Roland Berger Strategy Consultants.
L.E.K. is generalist strategy consultancy with expertise across all major industries. It is a principal adviser to private equity, and was the number 1 adviser in number of transactions in Europe during 2007. L.E.K. is a leading adviser to the biotech industry and is known for its airline, surface transport, financial services and media and entertainment practices, as well as its expertise in alternative energy.
L.E.K.'s primary service lines consist of:
- Corporate Strategy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
L.E.K. is notable among its peers for its strong M&A concentration.
Recent activities 
In 2007, L.E.K. was awarded the Queen's Award for Enterprise, one of the most prestigious commercial awards in the UK, for achieving a 50% increase in export revenues and in recognition of the achievement of being a UK professional services firm that has grown a substantial business in the US.
L.E.K. was hired in 2007 by Ofcom to perform a financial review of Channel 4, which revealed that the channel could face losses of up to £100m in the next five years and concluded that the broadcaster's business model was unlikely to be sustainable .
Other recent work includes advising the UK government on achieving its targets for renewable energy . L.E.K. announced that the firm would be the world's first strategy consultancy to become 100% carbon neutral and has developed a tested methodology for carbon pricing .
L.E.K. attracted strong criticism when it undertook a study of the Rugby Football Union in 2007 for its radical proposals to reform the sport, its unconsultative process, and its excessive fee structure - the company reportedly received £1m in fees for its report "The Way Forward" .
L.E.K. recruits at MBA, PhD, and undergraduate levels, and primarily recruits from top schools through a highly selective on-campus recruiting program.
Asia Pacific 
Notable former employees 
- Jim Lawrence - Chief Executive Officer, Rothschild North America
- Richard Koch - author and entrepreneur
- Damon Buffini - Managing Partner, Permira
- Boris Johnson - journalist, MP and Mayor of London (with the company for one week)
- Richard Fuller - Member of Parliament for Bedford
- Reinhard Gorenflos - Managing Director, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
- Tim Sims - Managing Partner, Pacific Equity Partners
- Robert Boyle - Commercial Director, British Airways
- Philip Goulding - Chief Financial Officer, Allegheny Energy
- Coline McConville - CEO, Clear Channel Europe
- Olivier Duha - Co-founder and Co-chairman, WebHelp France
- Christian Purslow - Co-founder of MidOcean Partners and managing director of Liverpool Football Club
- Kevin A. Mayer - Executive Vice President, The Walt Disney Company