L. Dean Murray
|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 3rd district
February 9, 2010 – January 1, 2013
|Preceded by||Patricia Eddington|
|Succeeded by||Edward J. Hennessey|
July 22, 1964 |
|Residence||East Patchogue, New York|
|Alma mater||Broadcasting Institute of Maryland|
L. Dean Murray (born July 22, 1964) is an American politician who was a member of the New York State Assembly. On February 9, 2010, he won a special election to capture the seat previously held by Assemblywoman Patricia Eddington.
Education and career
Murray is a Maryland native who graduated from the Broadcasting Institute of Maryland. He started his career by spending ten years radio and television news industry, during which he covered the Pennsylvania State Capitol and served on the Board of Directors of the Pennsylvania Associated Press. He was later a regional sales manager and advertising sales representative for TCI Cable. Murray has the been the owner of Suffolk County-based D & S Advertising Inc. since 1997.
- "State Assembly: Dean Murray (R-C), District 3". Capitol Info. Archived from the original on March 18, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- Whittle, Patrick (October 5, 2009). "Suffolk 7th District: Jack Eddington, L. Dean Murray". Newsday. Retrieved March 4, 2011. "Murray, 45, a Maryland native who recently moved to East Patchogue after living in Coram for about 15 years..."
- "Dean Murray: Biography". New York State Assembly. Retrieved March 4, 2011.
- "Statement of Canvas: 3rd Assembly District". New York State Board of Elections. February 9, 2010. Retrieved March 4, 2011.
- "Special Election Results, 3rd Assembly District: February 9, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. March 23, 2010.
- "General Election Results, State Assembly: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. December 13, 2010.
|New York Assembly|
|New York State Assembly, 3rd District
2010 – present