From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LC or Lc may refer to:
- Leicester, a city in the United Kingdom
- Lewis Center, Ohio, United States
- Saint Lucia, ISO 3166-1 country code
- .lc, the country code top level domain (ccTLD) for Saint Lucia
- Lučenec, a town in Slovakia
- Las Cruces, a city in New Mexico, United States
- Irish Land Commission (or simply Land Commission), a rent fixing commission by the Land Law (Ireland) Act 1881.
- Letter of credit, a document issued to provide a payment undertaking
- Local currency also referred to as Local Currency Unit or LCU
- Lego Chess, a Lego-based chess video game
- Lego Creator, a theme of Lego
- Lego Creator (video game), a Lego video game
- Liberty City (Grand Theft Auto), a fictional city in the Grand Theft Auto computer and video game series
Institutions, organisations, and government bodies
- Letran College in Manila
- Laguna College, a non-sectarian, private school in San Pablo City, Laguna
- Latvian Way, a political party of Latvia
- Launceston College, a public senior-secondary school in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
- Legion of Christ, a Roman Catholic religious order of priests
- Liberty Counsel, a legal organization dedicated to advancing specific religious freedoms
- Library of Congress, the de facto United States national library
- Liquor Control, a reference to various government-run liquor stores. Examples include the Liquor Control Board of Ontario and the Manitoba Liquor Control Commission.
- Local Council, a form of local elected government within the districts of Uganda
- Loomis Chaffee, a coeducational boarding school in Windsor, CT.
- Lord Chancellor, a senior functionary in the government of the United Kingdom
- Lucknow-Kanpur Suburban Railway is a commuter rail service in Kanpur-Lucknow region in India.
- Lynchburg College, a private liberal arts college in Lynchburg, Virginia
- Lynden Christian Schools, a private school in Lynden, Washington
- Technical Department of the Ministry of Aviation (Nazi Germany) (LC, but more often referred to as the C-amt) in charge of all research and development
- Varig Logística (LC is its IATA airline designator)
- LC, the 1981 album by The Durutti Column
- Lacuna Coil, an Italian gothic metal band
- Living Colour, an American hard rock band formed in New York
- Living Corban, a Christian punk/rock band formed in Miami, Florida
- Los Campesinos!, a British indie-rock band formed in Cardiff.
- Lorne Cardinal, a stage and television actor
- Liz Claiborne, a fashion designer.
- Les Claypool, a multi-talented bassist best known for his work with Primus
- Laveranues Coles, New York Jets wide receiver
- Lauren Conrad, an American reality TV personality
- Le Corbusier, architect, and/or a series of furniture designed by same
- Leonora Carrington, a Mexican painter/surrealist.
- Lai Chun Cheung, A Hong Kong famous accountant and a HR professional with salary hkd$30/hour.
Science and technology
- Liquid chromatography, an analytical chemistry technique
- Lethal concentration, a means to quantitatively indicate a gas or aerosole hazard
- The LC-type optical fiber connector
- LC circuit, in electronics, a circuit with an inductor and a capacitor
- The orchid genus Laeliocattleya
- Leeuwin Current, a warm ocean current
- Locus coeruleus, a nucleus in the brain stem
- Liquid crystal, a phase of matter with properties between a solid and a liquid state; a substance exhibiting this phase. Liquid crystals are commonly used in displays and shutter glasses.
- Macintosh LC, a computer manufactured by Apple in the early 1990s
- Logic Cells, a concept on Field-programmable gate array
- Lines of Code
- Lactation consultant
- Land Cruiser, an SUV built by Toyota Motor Corporation
- Landing craft
- Lean Cuisine
- Least Concern, a World Conservation Union "Red List of Threatened Species" category
- Leaving Certificate, the final course in the Irish secondary school system
- Library of Congress Classification
- Lighting Certified, NCQLP
- Long course, an Olympic-size swimming pool
- In citations, l.c. might be used as an abbreviation of Loc. cit. (loco citato), used to completely repeat a citation, including the page to which the citation refers.
- Least Concern, The status of a species that shows that it is very well.
- Licensed Companion, from the "In Death" novels of J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts)
- Letter case, used in orthography and typography to denote the difference between capital and non-capital letters
- An abbreviation for lower case lettering
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title LC.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.