List of films of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
This list of films of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints includes the non-commercial motion pictures commissioned by or officially produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). Such films are typically premiered and exclusively shown at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building's Legacy Theatre in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, before being released to Temple Visitors Centers and eventually home use. In the 1970s, the church also commissioned Brigham Young University to produce short films for use in the Church Educational System. These films, shown mostly in the seminaries and institutes of religion, teach religious principles, church history, and general kindness. Released on VHS (and, increasingly on DVD), they have become popular home entertainment. A wide variety of these films are now available through Brigham Young University's Creative Works Office.
These films differ from those of LDS cinema, which are produced without official church involvement.
|Title||Year of release||Duration||Plot / Notability||Reference|
|Man's Search for Happiness||1964||13 min.||Brief overview of the plan of salvation; produced for the 1964 New York World's Fair|||
|Legacy||1993||52 min.||Follows the life and struggles of a small group of converts to the church, beginning with their conversion in the eastern United States through their journey and settlement in Utah|||
|The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd||2000||67 min.||Portrays events that occurred in the Book of Mormon from shortly before Jesus' birth until shortly after His visit to the peoples of the Americas|||
|Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration||2005||60 min.||Portrays the life of Joseph Smith, Jr.; released in commemoration of the 200th anniversary of Smith's birth|||
|Meet the Mormons||2014||78 min.||Documents the lives of six devout Mormons living across the world; film received a PG MPAA rating, and was distributed by the LDS Church to movie theaters: both are firsts for the church|||
- "Man's Search for Happiness". Brigham Young University. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- "Legacy". Brigham Young University. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- "The Testaments of One Fold and One Shepherd". Brigham Young University. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration". Brigham Young University. Retrieved 15 January 2011.
- LDS Church invites movie goers to "Meet the Mormons", Daily Herald, 17 September 2014
- Pugmire, Genelle (17 September 2014), Coming soon to a theater near you: 'Meet the Mormons', The Salt Lake Tribune
- Redd, Sterling H. (1994), A Topical Guide to LDS and Related Videos, TopicalGuy.com
- Astle, Randy (2013), "Mormons and Cinema", in Hunter, James Michael, Mormons and Popular Culture: the global influence of an American phenomenon, Santa Barbara, California: Praeger (ABC-CLIO), ISBN 9780313391675, OCLC 776495102
- Hall, Airen (October 2012), Melodrama on a Mission: Latter-Day Saint Film and the Melodramatic Mode, Journal of Religion and Film 16 (2)
- "History of Church-Produced Mormon Films", Featured Story, MormonNewsroom.org (LDS Church), 6 October 2014