The Emirates Glass LEAF Awards is an annual international architectural prize. It recognises innovative architectural design that sets the benchmark for the international architectural community of the next generation.
The LEAF Awards program is operated by the Leading European Architects Forum (LEAF), founded in 2001. LEAF brings together leading international architects and designers operating in Europe and beyond to share knowledge, to network and to develop new partnerships.
Entry is open to all architects worldwide and buildings located anywhere in the world and completed between January 2010 and May 2011 are eligible for LEAF Awards 2011.
LEAF Awards 2011 consists of the following twelve categories and the overall winner:
- Residential Building of the Year (single occupancy)
- Residential Building of the Year (multiple occupancy)
- Commercial Building of the Year
- Public Building of the Year
- Mixed-Use Building of the Year
- International Residential Interior Design Award
- International Commercial/Public Interior Design Award
- International Offsite Construction Project of the Year
- Best Structural Design of the Year
- Young Architect of the Year
- Best Sustainable Technology Incorporated into a Building
- Best Sustainable Development in keeping with its Environment
The location of the award ceremony changes from year to year.
- 2006: 3rd annual LEAF Awards, Marriott Hotel in Dubai
- 2007: 4th annual LEAF Awards, Hilton Cavalieri in Rome
- 2008: 5th annual LEAF Awards, Dorchester Hotel London (host: Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen)
- 2009: 6th annual LEAF Awards, Ritz-Carlton Hotel,Berlin
- 2010: 7th annual LEAF Awards, InterContinental London Park Lane, London on 10 September 2010 
- 2011: 8th annual LEAF Awards, Landmark Hotel London on 16 September 2011 
The category winners in 2011 were:
- Mixed Use Building: TODD Architects for The Boat
- Residential Building (Multiple Occupancy): OBR Open Building Research S.r.l. for Milanofiori Residential Complex
- Residential Building (Single Occupancy): Studio mk27 for Punta House
- Commercial Building: ESTUDI MASSIP-BOSCH ARQUITECTES for Diagonal Zero Zero Telefonica Tower
- Public Building: Joint winners: Diaz & Diaz Arquitectos for Building of Control CCS and Steven Holl Architects for Cite de l'Ocean et du Surf
- International Interior Design: RHWL Architects for St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel
- Master Planning & Landscaping: URBE Architects for Estoril Open Space Strategy
- Young Architect: dEMM arquitectura – PAULO FERNANDES SILVA for Living Foz Porto
- Structural Design: schmidt hammer lassen architects for The Crystal
- Best Sustainable Technology Incorporated into a Building: JSWD ARCHITEKTEN for Q1 Building, ThyssenKrupp Quarter
- Best Sustainable Development in Keeping with its Environment: LAN for EDF Archives Centre
- Overall winner: OBR Open Building Research S.r.l. for Milanofiori Residential Complex
The category winners in 2010 were:
- Mixed Use Building: Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios for Broadcasting Place
- Residential Building (Multiple Occupancy): Henning Larsen Architects for The Wave
- Residential Building (Single Occupancy): Mount Fuji Architects Studio for PLUS
- Commercial Building: HASSELL and Lend Lease design for ANZ Centre, Melbourne
- Public Building: Boogertman + Partners & Populous for Soccer City National Stadium
- International Interior Design: Isay Weinfeld Arquitetura for Bar Número
- Master Planning & Landscaping: URBE Architects for Estoril Open Space Strategy
- Young Architect: Arquitecturia for Ferreries Cultural Centre
- Structural Design: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill for Burj Khalifa
- Sustainable Development: Ben Nakamura for Nanasawa Kibonooka Elementary School
The category winners in 2009 were:
- Mixed-Use Building: EAA-Emre Arolat Architects for 7800 Çe?me Residences & Hotel
- Residential Building: David Chipperfield Architects for Ninetree Village
- Residential Building: Studio mk27 for Paraty House
- Commercial Building: Woods Bagot for Qatar Science & Technology Park
- Public Building: gpy arquitectos for La Cisnera Community Centre
- International Interior Design: ATELIER BRÜCKNER GmbH for BMW Museum
- Master Planning & Landscaping: Strootman Landscape Architects & Palmbout Urban Landscapes for Wieringen Passage
- Young Architect: John Pardey Architects for Hind House 
- Best Sustainable Development: Chetwoods Architects for Blue Planet, Chatterley Valley
- Structural Design: Amanda Levete Architects for Spencer Dock Bridge
- Grand Prix Winner Winner: Woods Bagot for Qatar Science & Technology Park
Category winners in 2008 were:
- Mixed-Use Building of the Year: schmidt hammer lassen for Performers House
- Residential Building (single storey): bgp arquitectura for Black House
- Residential Building (multi storey): PCKO Architects for eScape
- Commercial Building (public): Kengo Kuma & Associates for Suntory Museum of Art
- Commercial Building (business): John McAslan & Partners for 28 Dorset Square
- International Interior Design: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill for GSC Offices
- Young Architect: Xavier Vilalta for Arreletes Day-Care Centre
- Sustainable Development: LSI Architects LLP for Cley Marshes Visitor Centre
- New Innovation: WSP Architectural Design Consulting for Long Shan Church
- Best Structural Design: Foster and Partners for Beijing International Airport Terminal
- Grand Prix: schmidt hammer lassen for Performers House
The category winners in 2007 were:
- Environmentally Sustainable Building: Design Engine Architects for British Embassy, Sana'a
- International Interior Design: Woods Bagot for First Lounge
- New Build (built): Steven Holl Architects for Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- New Build (in design): Skidmore, Owings and Merrill for ARB Bank
- Structural Design: Arup Associates for Kensington Oval
- Public Building: Haworth Tompkins for Young Vic
- Public Building (in design): PTW Architects for Beijing National Aquatics Center
- Material Supplier to the Architectural Industry: EH Smith for Sir John Lyon House
- Young Architect: Estudio Barozzi Veiga SL for Ribera del Duero Wine HQ
- International Building: Ryuichi Ashizawa Architects and Associates for Setre Chapel
- Overall Winner: Skidmore, Owings and Merrill for ARB Bank
The category winners in 2006 were:
- New Build: 3XN Architects for Muziekgebouw
- Environmentally Sustainable Projectt: Terry Farrell Architects for The Green Building
- Public Building: Raymond Moriyama and Griffiths Rankin Cook Architects for Canadian War Museum
- Regeneration Project: David Chipperfield for Des Moines Public Library
- Structural Design: Zaha Hadid Architects for Phaeno Science Center
- Use of Innovative Technology and Thoughtful Design (Small Scheme): Litracon Light Transmitting Concrete
- Use of Technology (Large Scheme): Bahrain World Trade Centre
- International Interior Design: Stephonson Bell's for AstraZeneca
- Overall Winner: David Chipperfield for America's Cup Building
The category winners in 2005 were:
- New Build: Henning Larsen Architects for IT University of Copenhagen
- Environmentally Sustainable Project: Auer+Weber+Assoziierte for SolarCity Centre
- Public Building: Terry Farrell & Partners for Home Office Headquarters
- Regeneration Project: Tillner & Partner Zt GmbH for Vienna Gürtel
- Structural Design: BRT Architekten for Dockland Office Building
- Use of Innovative Technology and Thoughtful Design (Small Scheme): BEHF Architects for Fabios Restaurant Façade
- Use of Technology (large Scheme): Alsop for Queen Mary College, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science
- International Renovation/Interior Design: Aviaplan for IT Fornebu
- Most Promising Technology for the Architectural Industry: Rieder Smart Elements GmbH for Central Park: Urban Elements
- Overall Winner: Henning Larsen Architects for IT University of Copenhagen
- "What is LEAF?". LEAF. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "LEAF Awards 2011". LEAF International. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- "LEAF Awards 2006 call for entries announced". AMEinfo. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "Shortlist Announced for Emirates Glass LEAF Awards in Tightly Fought Contest". WAbeta. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "The Emirates Glass LEAF Awards 2009 - A Night to Remember". zawya.com. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "LEAF Awards 2010". LEAF International. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "LEAF Awards 2011". LEAF International. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "The Emirates Glass LEAF Awards 2011". archdaily. Retrieved 2011-09-26.
- "Winners of the Emirates Glass LEAF Awards 2010". Bustler. Retrieved 2010-09-17.
- "Hind House Interview". Slashstroke Magazine. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "Emirates Glass LEAF Awards 2008". detail.de. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "Emirates Glass LEAF Awards Winners 2007". nuildingtalk. Retrieved 2009-09-15.
- "LEAF Awards 2006 Review". designbuilding-network.com. Retrieved 2009-09-15.