LGBT rights in Yemen
|LGBT rights in Yemen|
|Same-sex sexual activity legal?||Illegal|
|Corporal punishment or death for first offense. Death penalty for second offense|
|No recognition of same-sex relationships|
Homosexuality is illegal in Yemen in accordance with the country's Shari'ah legal system. LGBT persons in Yemen are likely to suffer discrimination, legal, and social challenges. Punishments for homosexuality range from flogging to death. Yemen is one of only seven countries to apply a death penalty for consensual sexual acts between adults of the same sex.
- International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission: Status of Sexual minorities – Yemen
- New book details increase in antigay violence worldwide
- An FCO programme for promoting the human rights of LGBT people
- World Day against Death Penalty: 7 countries still put people to death for same-sex acts
- Study: 25 countries block Web sites, including those with gay content
- And then there was Yemen.