|Availability by country||2006|
|Successor||LG CU575 (Trax)|
|Dimensions||3.80” x 1.95” x 0.76”|
|Weight||3.70 oz (105 g)|
|Battery||Li-polymer, 1100 mAh|
|Display||65K color TFT,
|External display||65K color TFT,
|Rear camera||1.3 MP,
1280 x 960 pixels
The LG CU500 is a mobile phone manufactured by LG and was released in December 2006. It was LG Group's first cell phone in the United States to include HSDPA capability, and also the first cell phone to work with Cingular's HSDPA network. The LG CU500v is a software upgrade to the LG CU500 which supports video calls. The CU500v also supports microSD cards up to two gigabytes in size (the limit for the LG CU500 is 1 GB.)
- Technical Specifications:
- Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / HSDPA 850 / 1900
- Form Factor: Clamshell
- Dimensions: 97 x 50 x 19 mm
- Weight: 105 g
- Antenna: Internal
- Navigation: 5-Way Keypad
- Battery Type: 1100 mAh Li-Ion
- Talk Time: 5.00
- Standby Time: 240
- Memory: 16.0 MB
- Expandable Memory: microSD / TransFlash
- Main Screen: 65000 colors (TFT)
- 176 x 220 px
- External Screen: 65000 colors (TFT)
- 96 x 96 px
- Camera: 1.3 MP / 1280 x 960 px / Rotate / 4X Zoom / Multi-Shot / Self-Timer / Video Recorder / Video Calling
- MP3 Player: MP3 / AAC / AAC+ / WMA / MusicID / 3D Stereo Sound
- FM Radio: MobiRadio
- Speakerphone: Yes
- Push-To-Talk: N/A
- Wallpapers: 176 x 220 px
- Screen Savers: 176 x 220 px
- Ring Tones: 72 chord / MP3
- Themes: Yes
- Games: Java ME
- Streaming Multimedia: Cingular Video / MobiTV
- SMS: Yes
- EMS: Yes
- MMS: Yes
- Email: AOL / Hotmail / Yahoo!
- Chat: AOL / ICQ / MSN / Yahoo!
- Predictive Text: T9
- Phonebook Capacity: 500
- Calendar: Yes
- To-Do List: Yes
- Voice Commands: N/A
- Calculator: Yes
- Bluetooth: A2DP / DUN / HFP / HSP / OPP
- Infrared Port: N/A
- High-Speed Data: HSDPA
- Wi-Fi: N/A
- GPS: N/A
- PC Sync: USB Mass Storage
- Used in NBC's hit show, The Office.
- Camera 1.3 MP 1280*960, Video QVGA 320*240.
- Actual standby time is 2–4 days with 3G disabled.
- The phone is incompatible with Mac OS X, including iSync.
- The CU500 is sold in Australia and Canada as the TU500.
- Although the LG CU500 is capable of updating its firmware over the air, there is no known way to upgrade the CU500 to the CU500v.
- Users must choose "allow" or "deny" every time a Java ME application accesses a data network. The only way to get rid of this inconvenience is through an unsupported firmware modification.
The LG CU500v is a software upgrade to the CU500, adding video calling features supported by AT&T's high-speed HSDPA broadband network. Providing even faster rates than UMTS for streaming TV, radio, and online services, the video calling feature integrates in a rotating 1.3-megapixel camera to take clips or still photos at up to 1280 x 960 px in resolution. Consumers can listen to MP3s or MobiRadio through Bluetooth A2DP profile for stereo music without wires.
- LG CU500 (AT&T), review, Nicole Lee, CNET, August 10, 2006. Accessed on line November 30, 2007.
- LG CU500, Sascha Segan, PC Magazine, on line, August 9, 2006. Accessed November 30, 2007.
- LG CU500, phonescoop.com. Accessed on line November 30, 2007.
- CU500, product page, LG. Accessed on line November 30, 2007.
- New phones get you online fast, Terry Maxon, The Dallas Morning News, October 2, 2006.
- LG CU500V (AT&T), review, Nicole Lee, CNET, July 26, 2007. Accessed November 30, 2007.
- "LG CU500v Phone". Retrieved 2008-01-28.