|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
LMC are a British dance group consisting of producers, Lee Monteverde, Matt Cadman and Cris Nuttall. They have performed remixes for Scooter, Erasure, Dannii Minogue, Lasgo, Flip & Fill, Robert Palmer and Shania Twain. LMC is best known for the track "Take Me to the Clouds Above" which featured a sample from "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston, and "With or Without You" by U2 which topped the UK Singles Chart in early 2004, as well as going top 5 in Ireland and top 10 in Australia.
A promo-only track "Everything U Need" reached the top ten of the UK club chart in the UK in 2003. The song "Take Me to the Clouds Above" featured lyrics from "How Will I Know" from Whitney Houston's self-titled album set to a sample from "With or Without You" from U2's The Joshua Tree album.
The track was sung by Rachel McFarlane, who had previously been a vocalist for UK outfits Loveland and N-Trance. In the late 1990s, McFarlane had a solo record deal and her song "Lover" was a UK hit in 1998. This song was bootlegged as "Found an Angel" by placing "Lover" over Paul van Dyk's "For an Angel", which became a club hit.
The track was released in the UK on 26 January 2004 as "Take Me To The Clouds Above" by LMC vs U2. The track became the most played track on UK radio and debuted at number one in February 2004, selling 300,000 copies. Due to the success it was released in other territories going top five in Ireland,top ten in Australia and New Zealand,top 20 in Germany,Holland,Poland and Norway. It was released in the USA on 6 April 2004 where it went top twenty in the Billboard dance chart.
In 2005, they collaborated with mashup artists Trick Babies (Si Edwarads and Shaun Lever) who had previously built up a name making bootlegs for Galaxy FM and MTV to produce a cover version of Annie Lennox's "Little Bird", eventually being issued as a 12" single only.
Retaining the collaboration with Trick Babies, a remake of "You Get What You Give" sampling The New Radicals was issued. eventually charting at number 30 but with a fresh vocal from Rachel McFarlane.
- "Everything U Need" (promo - 2003)
- "Take Me to the Clouds Above" (single as LMC vs U2 - 2004) UK #1
- "Don't Let Go" (single as LMC vs New Radicals - 2005)
- "You Get What You Give" (single as LMC featuring Rachel McFarlane - 2006) UK #30
- "GrapeVine" (promo as LMC versus Marvin - 2009)
- "Little Bird" (AATW promo, as LMC vs Trick Babies - 2006)
Remixes and Productions
- "You Get What You Give" - New Radicals (2006)
- "Breathe" - Erasure (2005)
- "Party for Two" - Shania Twain (2004)
- "Oh L'amour" - Erasure (2003)
- "Alone" - Lasgo (2002)
- "Relax" - Frankie Goes to Hollywood (2009)
- "I Could Fall in Love with You" - Erasure (2008)
- "Surrender" - Lasgo (2004)
- "Pray" - Lasgo (2003)
- "So Under Pressure - Dannii Minogue (2007)
- "My Feelings for You - Avicii & Sebastien Drums (2010)
- "Kill It in the Name" - Jamelia (2011)
- "Still Crying" - NightCrawlers featuring Taio Cruz (2011)
- "Therese" - Put Em High (2009)
- "This Time I Know It's for Real" - Kelly Llorenna (2004)
- "Lover" - Rachel MacFarlane (2005)
- "You Never Know" - Morjac featuring Marly (2005)
- "Be Without You" - Wi-Fi featuring Melanie M (2009)
- "Addicted to Love" - Robert Palmer (2003)
- "Seek Bromance" - XNRG featuring Francesca Swarbrick (2010)
- "Louder (Put Your Hands Up)" - Chris Willis (2011)
- "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Verde featuring Francesca Swarbrick (2011)
- "If You Were Mine" - Alex K (2009)
- "Last Night" - Wi-Fi featuring Siobhan (2008)
- "You and Me" - Blue Ray featuring Jimmy Somerville (2009)
- "Tracy" - DJ Ironic (2010)
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Monteverde Full LMC Discography