A screenshot of LMMS 0.4.0, showing the interface features.
Javier Serrano Polo
|Stable release||1.0.3 / July 9, 2014|
|Operating system||GNU/Linux, Windows|
|Available in||15 languages|
|Type||Digital audio workstation|
|License||GNU General Public License|
LMMS (originally Linux MultiMedia Studio) is a free software digital audio workstation. Music can be produced by synthesizing sounds, arranging samples, and playing on a MIDI keyboard by combining the features of trackers, sequencers and synthesizers. It supports LADSPA and VST plugins.
LMMS is available for the GNU/Linux, OpenBSD, and Microsoft Windows operating systems. Version 0.4.0 is a rewrite of the older 0.3.x and uses the Qt 4 framework. LMMS 0.4.5 has been ported to Mac OS X through MacPorts and has also been noted to work, with some limitations, in Mac OS X through WineBottler, a fork of Darwine.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
- Song Editor — for composing songs
- Beat+Bassline Editor — for creating beats and basslines
- FX mixer — with 64 FX channels
- Piano Roll — for editing patterns and melodies
- Automation Editor
- MIDI keyboard support
- Multiple instruments and effects out of the box:
- Sampler (AudioFileProcessor)
- Wavetable Synthesizer (BitInvader)
- Kick & Bassdrum synthesizer (Kicker)
- Monophonic imitation of Roland TB-303 (LB302)
- Tuneful percussion synthesizer (Mallets)
- Organ-like synthesizer (Organic)
- Emulation of Game Boy APU (FreeBoy)
- Emulation of Commodore 64 chips (SID)
- Vibrating string modeler (Vibed)
- Multiple ZynAddSubFX presets
- Compatible with many standards:
- List of free software for audio
- List of Linux audio software
- Multitrack recording
- Comparison of multitrack recording software
- Commercial Sequencers
- Tobias Doerffel (December 2005). "Making Music with Linux Multimedia Studio" (PDF). Linux Magazine (61): 58–60. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- Dave Phillips (2008-10-01). "State of the Art: Linux Audio 2008, Part II". Linux Journal. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LMMS.|
- LMMS Wiki, for documentation, tutorials, and help.
- LMMS Facebook Group
- LMMS Google+ Group
- LMMS SoundCloud Group
- LMMS Sharing Platform
|This music software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|