Screenshot of LMMS 1.0.0, showing the interface features.
Javier Serrano Polo
|Stable release||1.0.3 / July 9, 2014|
|Operating system||GNU/Linux, Windows, OSX|
|Available in||15 languages|
|Type||Digital audio workstation|
|License||GNU General Public License|
LMMS (previously Linux MultiMedia Studio) is a free software digital audio workstation. Music can be produced by synthesizing sounds, arranging samples, and playing on a MIDI keyboard by combining the features of a trackers, sequencers and synthesizers. It supports LADSPA, SF2 files and VST plugins.
LMMS is available for the GNU/Linux, OpenBSD, and Microsoft Windows operating systems. Version 1.0.0 is the last major version built on the previous 0.4.0. There have been unofficial Mac builds for LMMS 1.0.0, and there are a beta version of LMMS 1.1.0 available at the home page. LMMS 1.1.0 is planned to be the first official release of LMMS on Mac.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
- Song Editor — for composing songs
- Beat+Bassline Editor — for creating beats and basslines
- FX mixer — with 64 FX channels
- Piano Roll — for editing patterns and melodies
- Automation Editor
- MIDI keyboard support
- Multiple instruments and effects out of the box:
- Sampler (AudioFileProcessor)
- Wavetable Synthesizer (BitInvader)
- Kick & Bassdrum synthesizer (Kicker)
- Monophonic imitation of Roland TB-303 (LB302)
- Tuneful percussion synthesizer (Mallets)
- Organ-like synthesizer (Organic)
- Emulation of Game Boy APU (FreeBoy)
- Emulation of Commodore 64 chips (SID)
- Vibrating string modeler (Vibed)
- Multiple ZynAddSubFX presets
- Compatible with many standards:
- List of free software for audio
- List of Linux audio software
- Multitrack recording
- Comparison of multitrack recording software
- Commercial Sequencers
- Tobias Doerffel (December 2005). "Making Music with Linux Multimedia Studio" (PDF). Linux Magazine (61): 58–60. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- Dave Phillips (2008-10-01). "State of the Art: Linux Audio 2008, Part II". Linux Journal. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LMMS.|
- LMMS Wiki, for documentation, tutorials, and help.
- LMMS Facebook Group
- LMMS Google+ Group
- LMMS SoundCloud Group
- LMMS Sharing Platform
|This music software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|