LOVE FM (Belize)
|City of license||Belize City, Belize|
|Slogan||News and Music Power|
|First air date||February 14, 1993|
|Owner||RSV Media Center|
|Sister stations||MORE FM, Estereo Amor|
|Website||LOVE FM website|
It broadcasts family-oriented programs and mature, contemporary style music.
Love FM was the first private radio station to cover the entire nation of Belize.
Love FM guided the nation through the national emergencies brought on by Hurricanes Mitch, Keith, Chantal and Iris. In many villages, especially those in Southern Belize, Love FM's signal was the only one they could receive. An independent survey conducted by British Forces in 2006 showed that despite the fact that there are 36 radio stations in Belize today some 66.6 percent of those surveyed still rely on Love FM during national emergencies such as in Hurricane Dean in 2007.
Programs broadcast by Love FM
- The Morning Show: Belize's top morning program. Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM. Half an hour of news and sport followed by talk. Rotating hosts: Ernesto Vasquez, Rene Villanueva Sr., Carmen Barrow, and Ava Diaz; also Nuri Muhammad.
- Belize Watch: Weekdays from 8 PM to 10 PM and hosted by Rene Villanueva.
- News: 12:30 PM and 6:00 PM and a 10 AM news update. Includes local and international headlines, weather and sports.
- Cruisin' at 5: half-hour of popular selections airing during rush hour, hosted by on-call DJ.
- The Twelve Days of Christmas: An annual Christmas show that starts at 7 PM and goes until 10 PM which showcases everything from giveaways to live performances from local music artists. Its hosts, John Palacio and Armin Arana, keep the show lively each year. The show is produced by Julia Carrillo and assistant producer Carmen Barrow.
- The Christmas Parade: An annual parade showcasing bands and floats from all over the country to give a spectacular show to the citizens of Belize City. It start at 4 pm and goes on until it reaches the end of the route on Albert Street. It was created by the chairman with the collaboration of the management team.