|Type||Public (NASDAQ: LRAD)|
|Founded||Utah, U.S. (1980)|
|Headquarters||San Diego, California, U.S.|
Tom Brown (Chairman) Laura M. Clague (Director)
Katherine H. McDermott (Chief Financial Officer)
Long Range Acoustic Device
LRAD Corporation is based in San Diego, California. Its Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) product is used for long range communications, crowd control and distant hailing. The company was previously named American Technology Corporation (ATC) until 2010. The company's stock trades on the NASDAQ Capital Market with the ticker symbol "LRAD."
LRAD was founded in Utah by inventor/entrepreneur Elwood "Woody" Norris as the American Technology Corporation in 1980 (entity # 734088-0142). From 1988 to early 1992 the company was inactive. Norris recapitalized the company as a Delaware Corporation in 1992. In 1996, the company launched its first directed sound technology and began engineering sound solutions for the commercial, government, and military markets. In response to the October 2000 attack on the USS Cole, the company's engineering team developed the Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD). With the introduction of LRAD systems in 2003, the company entered the acoustic hailing device (AHD) market. Today, LRAD directional sound systems are being used around the world in diverse applications including fixed and mobile military deployments, maritime security, critical infrastructure and perimeter security, commercial security, border and port security, law enforcement and emergency responder communications, and wildlife preservation and control.
- Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD), which is a high-intensity directional acoustic array designed for long-range communication and warning.
- Official web site
- Investor information on Yahoo! Finance
- SEC Filings
- "Patents owned by ATC". US Patent & Trademark Office.
- Stockholders Approve American Technology's Name Change to LRAD Corporation, Company press release. March 25, 2010
- Utah business entity search
- American Technology Corporation 10QSB for Year ending 6/30/1996
- "American Technology Ships $1.5 Million in LRAD Orders". www.FreshNews.com. Retrieved 2007-04-06.
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|