|Stable release||4.22y / May 22, 2015|
|Operating system||Windows, OS X|
|Type||Electronic design automation|
LTspice IV is freeware computer software implementing a SPICE simulator of electronic circuits, produced by semiconductor manufacturer Linear Technology (LTC). LTspice IV provides a schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models to speed the simulation of switching regulators. Supplied with LTspice IV are macro models for 80% of LTC's switching regulators and operational amplifiers, transistors, MOSFETs, and passive components.
LTspice IV is node-unlimited and 3rd party models can be imported. Circuit simulations based on transient, AC, noise and DC analysis can be plotted as well as Fourier analysis. Heat dissipation of components can be calculated and efficiency reports can also be generated.
LTspice IV is used within LTC, and by many users in fields including radio frequency electronics, power electronics, digital electronics, and other disciplines. LTspice IV does not generate printed circuit board (PCB) layouts, but netlists can be imported into layout programs.
LTspice was originally called SwitcherCAD and is sometimes still called by that name. The software is maintained by Mike Engelhardt. The application is written for Microsoft Windows but, since 2003, it will run under the WINE Windows simulator under Linux. Since 2013 there is also a native OS X version available. From version IV LTspice requires at least a Pentium 4 processor and Windows 2000 or later.
- Mike Engelhardt: LTspice IV Help → F.A.Q. → License and Distribution. (Help of software version 4.19u of 4 September 2013)
- Mike Engelhardt: LTspice IV Help → Introduction → License Agreement/Disclaimer. (Help of software version 4.19u of 4 September 2013)
- LTspice IV Circuit Simulation Schematic Capture Tool
- Pell, Rich (January 13, 2009). "Free SPICE software exploits multicore processors". EE Times. Retrieved January 17, 2011.
- news:sci.electronics.cad: LTspice/SwitcherCAD III now runs on Linux accessdate=September 27, 2013
- news:sci.electronics.cad: Announce: Multi-threaded LTspice accessdate=September 27, 2013
- Linear Technology
- LTspice IV Download Site
- LTspice IV Getting Started Guide
- LTspice Hot Keys
- LTspice Demo Circuit Collection
- Linear Video Channel: LTspice IV Overview video