From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up L, l, or ℓ in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
L is the twelfth letter of the Latin alphabet.
L may also refer to, or may also be an abbreviation used to denote:
- L (complexity), a complexity class in computational complexity theory
- L-notation, a notation for running times of subexponential algorithms, often used in number theory.
- L programming language
- L - A Mathemagical Adventure, a 1984 computer game
Film and literature
- L (Death Note), a character in Death Note media
- L (film), a 2012 Greek film
- L (novel), a 1999 novel by Erlend Loe
- Agent L, a character played by Linda Fiorentino in Men in Black
- Class L, a fictional planetary classification in Star Trek media
- Gödel's constructible universe, a particular class of sets which can be described entirely in terms of simpler sets
- Likelihood function, in statistics
- Laplace transform
- ℓp space is the space of sequences with a finite p-norm.
- Lp spaces, sometimes called Lebesgue spaces, are function spaces defined using a natural generalization of the p-norm for finite-dimensional vector spaces.
- L (Godley & Creme album), 1978
- L (Ayumi Hamasaki EP), 2010
- L (Steve Hillage album), 1976
- L (Candy Lo EP), 2008
- L (moe. album), 2000
- L (French singer), born Raphaële Lannadère, a French singer-songwriter
- L (South Korean singer), born Kim Myung-soo, vocalist of Korean boy band, Infinite
- L Marshall, a British singer credited as L on the Wretch 32 song "Traktor"
- Lesure Number, music catalogue identifier: See List of compositions by Claude Debussy by Lesure Numbers
- l represents galactic longitude in the Galactic coordinate system
- Carl Linnaeus, in botanist author citations (L.)
- Laelia, an orchid genus
- Haplogroup L (Y-DNA)
- Vertebra in the lumbar region of the spinal cord
- ATC code L Antineoplastic and immunomodulating agents, a section of the Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System
- Class L, a Stellar classification
- Inductance, the ratio of the magnetic flux to the current in an electrical circuit
- Lagrangian, a function that summarizes the dynamics of a dynamical system
- L band, a radio frequency range
- Mean free path, the average distance traveled by a moving particle between successive collisions
- Angular momentum
- Latent heat
Units of measurement
Vehicles and transportation
- Chicago 'L', a rapid transit system in Chicago
- L (New York City Subway service)
- L-plate, a plate for learning drivers under instruction
- The low gear of an automatic transmission
- L, a member of the Libertarian Party in the U.S.
- Canon L lens
- Left (direction)
- Lucius, a Roman praenomen
- The Roman numeral 50
- The velar lateral approximant in IPA notation
- The low-prestige register in a diglossia.
- L postcode area, for Liverpool
- Nissan L engine
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.