L C (Len) Tyler is a British writer of comic crime fiction. His Elsie and Ethelred mysteries feature Ethelred Tressider, a crime writer, and Elsie Thirkettle, his literary agent.
L. C. Tyler was raised in Essex and studied geography at Jesus College, Oxford University (matriculating in 1971), before going on to study systems analysis at City University in London. He worked for the British Council in Malaysia, Sudan, Thailand and Denmark, before becoming Chief Executive of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, then a full-time writer. Tyler's 2007 novel The Herring Seller's Apprentice was nominated for an Edgar Award for "Best Paperback Original".
The Elsie and Ethelred mysteries
- The Herring Seller's Apprentice (2007)
- Ten Little Herrings (2009)
- The Herring in the Library (August 2010)
- The Herring on the Nile (July 2011)
- A Very Persistent Illusion (2009)
- ^ "In Print" (PDF). Jesus College Newsletter (Jesus College, Oxford) (11): p. 31. Trinity Term 2009. Retrieved 16 September 2009.
- ^ a b "LC Tyler". Luton Arts Festival. 13 May 2009. Retrieved 16 September 2009.
- ^ "More Edgar Award nominees". Salisbury Post. 21 January 2010. Retrieved 10 August 2010.
- ^ Tyler, LC (24 Feb 2009). "Copenhagen: My kind of town". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 10 August 2010.