|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
|Past members||Zoran Predin
Lačni Franz was a rock band from Slovenia. The band was formed in Maribor in June 1979. Their name, meaning hungry Franz, is a pun on the name of a character from the novel Catch-22, Hungry Joe, and describes hunger for rock music. 
The band's music and attitude was a kind of laid back, and they portrayed themselves as a local band from a provincial town. Zoran Predin's lyrics ranged from disturbing ballads (Ne mi dihat za ovratnik, Lipa zelenela je), through love songs (Čakaj me, Naj ti poljub nariše ustnice), to social and political satire (Praslovan, Naša Lidija je pri vojakih). While their "predecessors" Buldožer utilized sheer madness, Lačni Franz's lyrics were intertexered with self-irony, even when describing dark themes.
The key band members were frontman and songwriter Zoran Predin, and guitarist Oto Rimele. The band made the most creative success by the end of 1980s, with classical albums such as Ikebana, Adijo pamet, Ne mi dihat za ovratnik, and Na svoji strani (the last one made with the original crew). Their last studio album was released in 1994. Lačni Franz officially ceased to exist in 1997 after a series of compilation albums.
Zoran Predin continued solo career after the Franz disbanded. Many band's hits, such as Praslovan, Bog nima telefona, Vaterpolist, Ne mi dihat za ovratnik, Čakaj me or Naj ti poljub nariše ustnice, have remained in his concert repertoire.
- Zoran Predin, vocal
- Oto Rimele, lead guitar (1979–1985)
- Milan Prislan, lead guitar (1985-)
- Sašo Stojanovič, bass guitar (1979–1983)
- Zoran Stjepanovič, bass guitar
- Mirko Kosi, synthesizer
- Damjan Likavec, drums (1979–1982)
- Andrej Pintarič, drums
- Nino Mureškič, congas (1987–1989)
- Ikebana (1981)
- Adijo pamet (1982)
- Ne mi dihat za ovratnik (1983)
- Slišiš, školjka poje ti! (1983)
- Slon med porcelanom (1984)
- Na svoji strani (1986)
- Sirene tulijo (1987)
- Tiha voda (1989)
- Kaj bi mi brez nas (1989)
- Ilegalni pubertetniki (1991)
- Zadnja večerja (1994)
- Nasvidenje na plaži (1995)
- Petnajstletnica v živo (1995)
- Kaj bi mi brez nas (9 CD–box) (2000)
- Starši vaših radosti (CD+DVD) (2005)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2008)|
- Janjatović, Petar (1997). Ilustrovana Yu rock enciklopedija. Geopoetika.