|Genres||Bavarian Folk, Wind Band, Punk, Reggae, Brass|
|Website||labrassbanda.com Official website|
LaBrassBanda is a Bavarian Brass Band originating from Übersee (Chiemgau), near Chiemsee, Bavaria, Germany. The name of the band is a portmanteau of the Italian words "la banda" and the English term "brass band", both meaning the same.
History of the band
The band was founded 2007 by Stefan Dettl, Andreas Hofmeier, Manuel Winbeck, Oliver Wrage and Manuel da Coll. Stefan Dettl was inspired by the `Youngblood Brasband´, wich he met at his New York Trip. The five musicians got to know each other durig their music studies.
The first concert of ´LaBrassBanda´ was in London. In 2008, during the football european championship, the people paid attention to the band for the first time. The band usually drive with a tractor, a trailer and their mopeds from Chimsee to Vienna. Thes do stops at different fan miles and play concerts on their trailer. The biggest gig they had was in Vienna at the ´Big final´. The final breakthrough in Germany was at the ´Bavaria Open´ in Munich. In 2009 the band was invited by the Goethe-Institut to take part in the German Culture Festival sibSTANCIJA_09 in Nowosibirsk and Akademgorodok. There were further concerts in Omsk, Krasnojarsk and Moskau In the same year LaBrassBanda appeared in the Harare International Festival of Arts in Zimbabwe, organized by the German Embassy and the Zimbabwe German Society,  and in the Roskilde Festival.
During 2010 and 2012 they had 500 more concerts and festivals. For example they played at the Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel, and the sothgerman sister-Festival Southside in Neuhausen ob Eck. They also made concerts and played on Festivals in Russia, Bosnia and Denmark, where the people didn´t understand the accent. But for the band it isn´t important to get understood. Their aim was and is to make ´Volsmusik´ suitable for clubs.
2013 they participated at the preselection of the ´Eurovision Song Contest´ and afterwards theey became very popular.
The music genre of ´LaBrassBanda´ is ´Neue Volksmusik´, but the music style is a combination of Brass, reggae, Punk, Gibsy, Jazz and techno with a typical bavarian note. This is why the style is not only ´Neue Volksmusic´ but also typical ´LaBrassBanda´. Stefan Dettl und Manuel Winbeck sing in a deep bavarian accent, so not everybody can understand the lyrics. The lyrics are about beer, girls and party.
Not only the music is special, the dresscode is very special too. So the band plays everywhere without shoes and socks, in ´Lederhosen´ and t-shirt.
In 2013 Oliver Wrage left the band because of privat reasons and 2014, Andreas Hofmeir left the band wit the victory of the `Classic-Echo´. Today, he has got many soloprojects and is a professor at the ´Mozartuem´ in Salzburg. Stefan Dettl had two soloalbums: 2011 Rockstar and 2012 Summer of Love. At this albums he dosen´t play trumpet, but the guitar. In 2013 Mario Schönhofer (Bass), Jörg Hartl (Trumpet), Korbinian Weber (Trumpet), Tobias Weber(Percussion) and in 2014 Stefan Huber (Tuba) joined the Band.
|Year||Title||Number of Songs||Chart positions||Awards (noble metals)|
|2012||Live Olympiahalle München||16||15||58||–|
Contributions to collective works
- Habediehre on Songlines top of the world. Songlines Magazine: Issue 57, January/February 2009 
- Music of Doctor Döblingers geschmackvolles Kasperltheater. A Bavarian marionette show for children. "Kasperl und das Kugeleis" – 2010
- 2009: LaBrassBanda – Habe di Ehre Übersee – Documentary by Marcus H. Rosenmüller
- 2010: LaBrassBanda – aus dem Circus Krone – Concert film by Marcus H. Rosenmüller
- 2010: Die Friseuse – Movie by Doris Dörrie, sound track by LaBrassBanda
- 2014: LaBrassBanda – (Dokumentarfilm von David Spaeth)
- 2014: LaBrassBanda – Kiah Royal - Concert film by Philip Lenner
- 2014: Winterkartoffelknödel - Movie by Ed Herzog, sound track by LaBrassBanda
- BR-online about LaBrassBanda (in German)
- "Report from www.goethe.de". report from www.goethe.de. Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- "Program at www.hifa.co.zw". Program at www.hifa.co.zw. Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- "La Brass Banda Thrills Mbare Children". The Zimbo Jam. 2009-04-30. Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- "LaBrassbanda in Roskilde-Festival". Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- Source of Album Chart: , 
- Songlines top of the world. CD 57 the best new world music
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to LaBrassBanda.|