|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014)|
|Also known as||La Constantino Quijano|
|Created by||Pedro Ortíz de Pinedo|
|Written by||Luis Antonio Bautista "Jurgan" Jacobo
Rocío Martínez Lara
Óscar Sebastián Ortíz de Pinedo Gutiérrez
Alicia Magalli Urquieta Galicia
Ignacio "Iñaki" Otero Sosa
Mauricio Antonio Jalife Castañón
Sergio Adrián Sánchez "El Venado" Dorantes
|Directed by||Sergio Adrián Sánchez "El Venado" Dorantes|
|Creative director(s)||Leo Ricciardi|
Luis Fernando Ceballos
|Theme music composer||Giorgio Torelli|
|Opening theme||"La CQ", performed by Ale Müller and Ferny Graciano|
|Country of origin||Mexico
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||125 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Pedro Ortíz de Pinedo
Carmen Cecilia Urbaneja (for RCTV, CA)
Ángel Zambrano, Enrique Heredia, and Francisco Morales (for Turner Latin America)
|Running time||22–23 minutes|
Cartoon Network Latin America
|Distributor||Televisa, S.A. de C.V.
Radio Caracas Televisión RCTV, CA
Turner International, Inc.
|Original channel||Cartoon Network (Latin America)|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Audio format||Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1|
|First shown in||2006 (pilot)|
|Original airing||Latin America: August 6, 2012 – present
U.S.: September 21, 2013 – present
|Related shows||Una familia de diez|
La CQ is a Mexican/Venezuelan television series created by Pedro Ortíz de Pinedo (who also made Una familia de diez), directed by Sergio Adrián Sánchez "El Venado", and acted by her father Jorge Ortiz de Pinedo. Recorded at RCTV Studios in Caracas, it is a co-production between Televisa and Cartoon Network Latin America, making it also the first local original live-action series. The show achieved high audiences, and its original broadcasting time was 11:00 AM, 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM; currently is broadcast Monday through Friday on Cartoon Network in Latin America, and on Canal 5 in Mexico at 5:30 PM.
The series first premiered on August 6, 2012, and then returned with the Season 2 on December 6, 2012. As of September 2013, it has started broadcasting on UniMás' Saturday mornings in the U.S.
La CQ chronicles the adventures of 8 students of Secondary Constantino Quijano that, adventures and antics will make you laugh out loud to children and adults. There are eight different personalities living together in one crazy fun universe called "La CQ": Team captain, the new girl, smart, humorous, different, the villain, the villain's assistant, the avusivo, which cause funny conflicts, great stories, but more importantly show the value of friendship and always be a team.
- Ángel del Río (played by Emiliano Flores): Ángel is the older brother of Adri, and is usually not the smartest of that fraternity. He is the captain of the CQ's soccer team. In addition to being in love with Clara, he is friendly and is considered very handsome.
- Roberto Bautista "Beto" (played by Benny Emmanuel): Beto is the smartest of the group with a high I.Q, but despite this, it is not considered very handsome. He is best friend of Ángel, Adri and Monche, and has a crush on Danny.
- Clara Licona Fernández (played by Alejandra "Ale" Müller): Clara is Ángel's girlfriend (who which are secretly dating at the end of Season 1), and Adri's best friend. She is the new student of CQ, is pretty but sometimes considered a little cheesy especially when it comes talking about Ángel. Her archenemy is Jenny, and is the most "normal" out of the gang.
- Ramón Barragán “Monche” (played by Harold Azuara): Monche is the most naive and comedian of the group. He often tells nonsensical jokes or says dumb comments., and sometimes spies on the cheerleaders or sneaks into the girls' restroom. His IQ is not very high and has feelings for Adri.
- Adriana "Adri" del Río (played by Jocelín Zuckerman): Adri is Ángel's younger sister and best friend of Clara. She is smarter than her older brother, and she hates being feminine and is more of a tomboy, except in the episodes where she is forced to be a model for a fashion show and where she dresses like a cheerleader. Adri likes to hang out more with Roque and like sports.
- María Juana Jennifer "Jenny" Pinto del Rostro (played by Fernanda Marifer Urdapilleta Foulon): Jenny is one of the school's cheerleader and is very mean. She is the daughter of the CQ's principle, and has a cousin named Danny (which is considered her sidekick). She has a crush on Ángel, although Ángel never has liked her, and shares a rivalry with Clara and Adri. She is considered the most girly and likes to be the center of attention. Even though it is a mean girl, she is a friend of the crew.
- Daniela "Danny" Pinto del Rostro Rey (played by Ferny Graciano): Danny is the other nimwitt of the gang. She is pretty naive, distracted, and doesn't catch on very fast. She has a crush on Beto and carries a doll named "Clementina". Jenny is her cousin and sidekick, but is also the niece of the CQ's principle. She is a very good friend of the crew.
- Roque Villalón Pérez (played by Luis Fernando Ceballos): Roque is a bully and has been in junior high for 5 years. He loves to bully students but mostly Monche and Beto. He has a crush on Jenny, although Jenny doesn't like him. Even though he is a bully, he is a good friend of Monche, Beto, Jenny, Danny, Adri, Clara, and Ángel. His phrases are: "Hola, compa-ñoños de trabajo" and "Zape Cacha-Zapes".
|2013||Kids' Choice Awards Mexico||Favourite TV Series||None||Won|
|Favorite Actor in a Supporting Role||Harold Azuara||Won|
|Favourite actress||Ale Müller||Won|
|Favorite Actress in a Supporting Role||Fernanda Urdapilleta||Won|
|Favourite Villain||Luis Fernando Ceballos||Won|
|2014||Premios TVyNovelas||Best Unit Program||None||Nominated|
The characters in La CQ were in commercial campaigns for Cartoon Network's: "Enough of Bullying", were also used to Cartoon Network Latin America bumpers to mark commercial spaces, and to start series, these bumpers were removed from the air in October 2012.
- "La CQ primera serie en Co-Producción entre Televisa y Cartoon Network".
- "Anuncian nominados a los Kids' Choice Awards México 2013" (in Spanish). Entretenimiento Terra. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- Marie Palma F. "Lista de ganadores de los premios Kids Choice Awards México 2013" (in Spanish). StarMedia. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "La CQ nominada como “Mejor Programa unitario”" (in Spanish). Retrieved June 5, 2014.