La Fé (Sandino)
|Province||Pinar del Río|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
La Fé (Spanish for "The Faith"), sometimes wroten La Fe, is a Cuban village of the municipality of Sandino, in Pinar del Río Province. It is part of the consejo popular ("popular council") of Cayuco.
Located in a recess of the Guadiana Bay (Bahía de Guadiana), close to the Guanahacabibes peninsula and its national park, it is one of the westernmost places in Cuba, 100 km far from Cape San Antonio, the island's western extremity. It is 10 km far from the nearby village of Cayuco, 9 from Sandino and 84 from Pinar del Río.
The village counts a little port and a road linking it to the villages in Guanahacabibes peninsula. It is mainly famous to be the western starting point of the Carretera Central, a highway spanning the length of the island of Cuba for 1,435 km, that ends in the city of Baracoa, Guantánamo Province.
- (Spanish) Territorial development of Sandino municipality (EcuRed)
- A municipal district, also referred as hamlet
- (Spanish) Cayuco on EcuRed
- Google Inc. "La Fé". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=la+f%C3%A9+pinar+del+rio&ie=UTF-8&ei=Xd60UsK-L8fLywPF3YCwBw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Source: Mapa de Carreteras de Cuba (Road map of Cuba). Ediciones GEO, Havana 2011 - ISBN 959-7049-21-X